Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 283 Guests

General election

This thread currently has 36,683 views. Print
39 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
April 19, 2017, 8:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44

1. nearly 200 000 pensioners have lost access to vital services under this tory government .
2. around 10% in cuts in child protection spending under this tory government
3. 18 billion pounds cuts to local authority budgets under this tory government .
4. the tories have hit disabled people with 28.3 billion pounds in cuts and counting .
5. there is a humanitarian crisis within the NHS .Numbers released by ministers show NHS England will face a sharp reduction of 0.6 per cent in real terms of per head in the financial year 2018-19.
6. NHS cuts blamed for at least the death of around 30 000 people and that number was in 2015 .
7. There's Been a 60 Percent Rise in Child Homelessness Under this Tory government .
8. Ethnic minorities now account for up to 40 per cent of all homeless households in England, despite being just 15 per cent of the population
9. this list of horrors can go on and on and on .

literally people are dying and suffering everyday due to tory cuts . the tories literally hate the poor and it is time people woke up to the fact and also realised brexit is not going to deliver what people think it will. Even the Tory press were lobbying not to cut migration just two days ago - why - because big business need the migrants.
seriously people i beg you to wake up .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 385
Bawmariner
April 19, 2017, 8:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Personally I'll be voting to try and reduce Tory power. Some of the things being said by high profile Tories is scary. Reductions in corporation tax (already extremely low) while simultaneously trying to increase NI contributions for the self employed. Saying we need a fairer immigration system were we treat everybody the same basically translates to less Europeans (who have a very similar culture to us) more Africans and Asians who will integrate even less than European
Countries.

One thing that really gets to me is how the media and governments have perpetrated a lie that left wing politics is anti economic. I tell you what does ruin economies a poorly trained, poor health workforce. School spending is being cut, basic services are non existent especially in the north and the NHS is falling to pieces.

Corbyn is far from perfect but he won't win a majority anyway. Labour may be able to govern with lib dem help in which case it will either be on condition Corbyn resigns or they'll force him to retract on his more radical policies such as trident. The alternative is a Tory government cutting taxes for the super rich and giving us a free trade deal with the US by adopting their regulations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 385
Town Monkey
April 19, 2017, 10:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
As ever at these times, it's always frustrating to find that no one party fully represents my views.  My natural inclination is conservative as I want a relatively low tax, small state and opportunities for advancement but I also believe in a welfare state that supports the poorest and most at risk in society.  Some of the cuts to PIP in particular are misguided and counter productive and won't result in any meaningful savings.  However, I do agree that we need to cap total benefits and limit child benefit to two children.  

Although I benefited from a grammar school education (and arguably, I wouldn't have been as successful in a comprehensive environment), they haven't been proven to aid social mobility as most of the kids who get to go to them are from wealthier backgrounds.

I'm also a remainer, but have accepted that we're leaving so I think the best policy is to give May a strong negotiating hand.  She will then be less beholden to her more rabid back benchers and we might be able to get more of a constructive deal.  I certainly wouldn't trust Corbyn to deliver on any negotiation let alone one as big as this.  I heard Gisela Stuart on the Today programme this morning and it sounded like she'd already conceded defeat which is crazy at this stage in the campaign but symptomatic of the state Labour finds itself in.  

So overall, on balance I'll probably be voting Conservative but partly because there is no credible and meaningful alternative but I'll continue to engage with my local MP to try and press for the least damaging Brexit and a more moderate approach to health, social care and education.    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 385
Roast Em Bobby
April 19, 2017, 11:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Genuine question - can anyone explain how leaving the single market is going to help the economy within the next 10 years given it seems to be accepted by all that a free trade agreement with anyone else will take a minimum 7 years and we can't start that for 2 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 385
grimsby pete
April 19, 2017, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I  always voted labour until a few years ago,

I then voted UKIP for obvious reasons,

Labour have gone even further backward since then their only policy is to throw money at everything ( money we do not have )

There is no reason to vote for UKIP any longer for obvious reasons,

So I will vote for the Conservatives for the first time in my life,

Theresa May is and will become an even better Prime Minister than any of the other leaders.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 385
Roast Em Bobby
April 19, 2017, 12:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
So you don't give a fu(k about all the cuts then Pete?

You should also know that borrowing under the Torres has been higher than it was under labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 385
Roast Em Bobby
April 19, 2017, 12:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 385
Grim74
April 19, 2017, 12:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Labour supporting blogger for the Guardian😩 Move on nothing to see here.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 385
Zmariner
April 19, 2017, 12:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
If labour had a. Credible leader and a united party they would pose a threat but it is sad that they are lead by someone who seems to care more for his own position than the good of the party. Whether he is good or not the perception of him is damaged and he should have stepped aside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 385
ginnywings
April 19, 2017, 12:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
I  always voted labour until a few years ago,

I then voted UKIP for obvious reasons,

Labour have gone even further backward since then their only policy is to throw money at everything ( money we do not have )

There is no reason to vote for UKIP any longer for obvious reasons,

So I will vote for the Conservatives for the first time in my life,

Theresa May is and will become an even better Prime Minister than any of the other leaders.

We are the 5th richest nation on earth Pete. There is plenty to go round but it won't go far under the Tories, as they like to keep the wealth to themselves. I just cannot fathom how any working man can vote Tory; It is something that has always baffled me. They will use Brexit and immigration as a smokescreen while they carry on raping and pillaging their way through the economy and social justice.

Keep reading the papers and trotting out the line that Corbyn is an idiot and all the while put your faith in people that don't give a sh1te about you. The Tories are and always will be a party of self interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 385
39 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.