Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 404 Guests

General election

This thread currently has 36,287 views. Print
39 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
April 18, 2017, 6:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Were the last two campaigns not boring enough?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 385
barralad
April 18, 2017, 7:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimps

People that are on benefits tend not to vote Tory , thats even if they vote at all so I doubt that'll have an effect on the Tory vote.
The only thing that could knacker May up would be a Brexit Sabotaged by the rest of the disgruntled House of Commons.
May is popular , the amount of people Ive heard that are not Tory but seem to think she's the best of a bad bunch at the minute.
I trust her more than any of the other idiots that are on offer from all the parties

The point about the benefit system is that a lot of JAMS have their subsistence wages topped up by tax credits. They tend to vote.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 385
Grim74
April 18, 2017, 7:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

I fear the worst, so our only hope the young get off their arses to vote this year because they've been royally shafted by the Tories/LibDem governments since 2010 and it would be nice if they realised this and stuck it to them for a change. Too much to hope for, unfortunately.

So you want them to vote for a man who's own party have even tried to get rid of?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 385
Zmariner
April 18, 2017, 8:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Grim74

So you want them to vote for a man who's own party have even tried to get rid of?

Exactly, a leader that can not control his own party and a Liberal who plans to grind Government process to a halt over Brexit and in Scotland we have a "Nationalist".
Not impressed with some recent Tory policy but absolutely no opposition that will get my vote and so an easy choice for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 385
Grim74
April 18, 2017, 9:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Zmariner

Exactly, a leader that can not control his own party and a Liberal who plans to grind Government process to a halt over Brexit and in Scotland we have a "Nationalist".
Not impressed with some recent Tory policy but absolutely no opposition that will get my vote and so an easy choice for me.

Look Corbyrn isn't going to win as long as I've got an hole in my bottom, if that's how you feel then you may as well save your time and not vote all.

Agree with you that there isn't much choice and although I'm voting for May it's a reluctant vote in the hope she actually deliver the Brexit I voted for.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 385
Zmariner
April 18, 2017, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Grim74

Look Corbyrn isn't going to win as long as I've got an hole in my bottom, if that's how you feel then you may as well save your time and not vote all.

Agree with you that there isn't much choice and although I'm voting for May it's a reluctant vote in the hope she actually deliver the Brexit I voted for.

Just read the bottom of your mail on labour and fish that made me smile about labour. I will vote Conservative for sure, essential to vote. In  truth, unlike you I will not be reluctant. I am for Brexit and years of working in London has hardened my views as the key English remain vote is so disconnected from the rest of England it is hard to believe that we are in the same country. In fact if Khan has his way they would disconnect from the rest of England in terms of taxes and spending
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 385
moosey_club
April 18, 2017, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Zmariner

Just read the bottom of your mail on labour and fish that made me smile about labour. I will vote Conservative for sure, essential to vote. In  truth, unlike you I will not be reluctant. I am for Brexit and years of working in London has hardened my views as the key English remain vote is so disconnected from the rest of England it is hard to believe that we are in the same country. In fact if Khan has his way they would disconnect from the rest of England in terms of taxes and spending

Know what you mean, i was in an office in London on the morning of the Brexit result and they were all going nuts..."its those northerners, they havnt got a clue about anything, the end of the world is now,"  only just stopped short of flinging themselves out of the windows.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 385
Maringer
April 18, 2017, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
May, let's not forget, installed Johnson as foreign secretary for no other reason than self-interest and the crooked and incompetent Liam Fox in a similarly important role as regards Brexit, also a show of naked self-interest.

If she's the best option, we really are screwed. Unimpressive as Corbyn and Farron are, their respective parties at least have more sensible policies instead of actively forcing millions into poverty, wilfully destroying the NHS and reducing school funding to name just a few.

I always think it's a bit of a tragedy that we've got such an antiquated and unfair electoral system. Policy-wise there isn't a huge distance between the major left-leaning parties - Labour, Lib Dems and the Greens - but the first past the post means the vote is fractured so too many votes just don't count for anything and this generally plays into the hands of the Tories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 385
Manchester Mariner
April 18, 2017, 11:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Undoubtedly the Tories will win what could essentially turn into a second EU referendum in everything but name and balls to issues like education, NHS, policing, housing and all other on going, day to day concerns. But still, more grammar schools will save us all eh?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 385
Maringer
April 18, 2017, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Grim74

The alternative is a vote for a party whose leader is only leader because there was really no-one else left to do the job (Farron) or a party whose leader didn't even have to face a final round in their election because her opponent was so incompetent she had to withdraw.

On the other hand, Corbyn leads the largest political party in Europe, albeit not very well at times.

Latest news from Channel 4 is the CPS claims that the new general election wouldn't stop them bringing charges following the investigations into electoral expenditure fraud, but I'm not so sure.

https://www.channel4.com/news/.....ry-mps-over-expenses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 385
39 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.