Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who Are We?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 296 Guests

Who Are We?

This thread currently has 5,739 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
April 13, 2017, 11:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
TBF there is no evidence the development plans for bridging the gap between youth and first team will stop, however not one youngster even got the slightest of sniffs at first team action the last time he was here.

Any Orient fans lurking like to comment on whether any youth players got a chance there? He was there 4 years so should be an indicator.

We will wait ans and see however in due course I would like to hear him set out his views on how we can achieve a more seamless transition from youth to first team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
forza ivano
April 13, 2017, 1:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
i am reliably informed that generally slade relied what he inherited and then bought ne wplayers in to improve the 'stock' rather than giving 'da yoof' their chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
Swansea_Mariner
April 13, 2017, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Well given that was his longest stint anywhere, I guess we can draw some conclusions,  however somebody possibly the trust board member should pick this up and get some clarity.

I was genuinely excited by the prospect of us developing more home grown players (in the medium term), I hope the issues MB raised about updating the backroom side of the club don't all get swept away by the new broom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who Are We?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.