19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 16, 2016, 9:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from springstomind
you could be York losing 7-1 to Gateshead and Leeds losing their third league game in a row haha, I think we'll do alright this season, just a shocker by one defender first half.

For what it's worth 6 - 1

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 185
headingly_mariner
August 16, 2016, 9:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Early days yet, I'm not sure how we will get on but from what I've seen, we could do with a striker, centre midfielder and centre half before the window closes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 185
sydney
August 16, 2016, 9:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Boyce Summerfield Again Poor - hurst would now have seen our worst 45 mins - so knows whats needed
Lot better second half
we need to settle into our stride and pick up the points req to consolodate
pen decision could have been a draw
fluke last min goal sat again could have been a draw
4 points next 2 home games
come on town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 185
chaos33
August 16, 2016, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
I fully expected us to lose what looked like a difficult game against a team who I reckon will be up there, so not surprised really. Early days yet, so I'm not jumping to conclusions or allowing my fears about a lack of quality at CB and CM to get out of hand. Two home games coming up. If we can win one or both, whilst getting a player or two in (we still need that 4th striker too), then we should be in an ok position. I'm sure Hurst knows what's missing from the squad. I am a bit worried (and have been for some time) about the relative merits of Berrett/Summerfield/Chambers and wish we could have brought in some midfielders with more quality and who were winners, but a bit early to be judging anyone too harshly.

On another night we might have got something out of this game, and probably a point from last Saturday. I think Colchester are a good team. Disappointing evening in lots of ways but we should be philosophical, learn from our mistakes and move on quickly.

Final point - I do wonder about our preparation and whether we are giving ourselves the best chance of getting results away from home by travelling long distances on the day. I think this is an area of expenditure the club has looked to curtail in recent seasons; reducing overnight stays and I think it needs reviewing. I thought I detected a little reference to this from PH in the post match interview.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 185
grimps
August 16, 2016, 10:27pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from gtfc82
Good fight back but can't allow a team such a big lead and expect to get any points! My main concern at the moment is that Hurst doesn't seem to know what his best 11 is or which formation suits them best! He's changed it several times already!

It usually takes him till April before he works out  what his best 11 is  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 185
golfer
August 17, 2016, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Getting a spare one with your winnings?

You must be joking, it' mine they are selling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 185
19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.