HertsGTFC
May 22, 2016, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from eadiee1973
Gas fan. Should have done what we did, get beaten 2-0 by our nearest non league rivals Bath City in round 1. Crap until one week later when we won a league match. After 2 weeks everyone had forgotten it and we concentrated on league. Point is you are back in league, forget about the cup just as it seemed your players did! The worse part for you is that the fans and players and management don't seem very together which is amazing considering what you did last week and the direct opposite of us after last year. And that club spirit carried us through this season to promotion when we had some bad spells.

The bit in bold would suggest you are talking balderdash my friend.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 132
wigworld
May 22, 2016, 8:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
That game was like every Town match of the last 5 years where we've been unable to break down a team that parks the bus in front of goal. Still, that's it now. Teams don't play like that in league 2 and higher. Halifax fans deserve a trophy for having to put up with that rubbish every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 132
HertsGTFC
May 22, 2016, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from wigworld
That game was like every Town match of the last 5 years where we've been unable to break down a team that parks the bus in front of goal. Still, that's it now. Teams don't play like that in league 2 and higher. Halifax fans deserve a trophy for having to put up with that rubbish every week.

We need to move away from 4 - 4 - 2 which in league 2 we may be able to as not everyone will play 4 - 4 - 2.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 132
moosey_club
May 22, 2016, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from wigworld

Teams play like that all through the leagues, in every division you have teams that recognise their strengths and weaknesses and set up accordingly, playing different formations and tactics home and away...yes you will have a number of teams who fear no one and play attacking open football , you will have a number of teams who plan accordingly for their opponents weaknesses and strengths and you will have a number of teams who outright set up not to lose.....
we need to be ready from the first whistle this season which is something Hurst hasnt managed in any season to date...that means he needs a full and balanced squad in during pre season, not waiting for the season to start to see whats left....not waiting for the loan window to see who becomes available but all his key players in place and all with a decent cover waiting in the wings....he also needs to work very hard on alternative methods of playing and have the balance of players to adapt during a game....
our first 6 game ambitions need to be to win them, not ... not to lose any of them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 132
May 22, 2016, 10:09pm
Guest User
I really can't be arsed. Watch this.

https://youtu.be/OWyqtjDeDyM
Reply: 124 - 132
golfer
May 23, 2016, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
We lost this as soon as the team selection was made. The last 2 games we have achieved the results we wanted by playing a certain way. After these 2 wins I praised Hurst, thinking that he had realised the correct way to play his squad. I now realise I was wrong and that he only played the team that he did was because Monkhouse was injured. In the previous 2 games the formation of the 3 midfielders strengthened our defence and also gave Nolan more space to go forward and support our 2 attackers. Whenever the ball went out to the left wing the game stopped. A back pass normally followed and prevented movement . It may seem strange to some but playing a wide man like Monkhouse doesn, necessarily create space, in fact it stops movement. Look at the effect when Monkhouse was taken off but it was too late. For sentimentality he could have been on for the last 5 minutes if we were winning .I hope this was a one off and Hurst realises that at present he still has some way to go before he becomes a top class manager. O.k. he has ended the season with promotion and I congratulate him but can only hope that he looks back on this season and uses it as part of his apprenticeship on his way to becoming a top manager. A good manager learns by his mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 132
eadiee1973
May 23, 2016, 11:35am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +176
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The bit in bold would suggest you are talking balderdash my friend.

Your forum, your view so I wouldn't disrespect your club by making an argument but having had a good day at Wembley last year talking to your fans have followed The New Fishy and your team this season and TBH a very large proportion of your posters do not and have not supported PH and his post FGR interview would seem to support that. Blimey, the bloke had just got you back into the league and he felt the need to say that! I just say what I have observed on here all season. Seems a good man, hope he does well next season. But I stand by what I said, everyone needs to get behind him and support because next season you will have a few bad runs just as we have this season. As I said, your forum and respect, good luck next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 132
moosey_club
May 23, 2016, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from eadiee1973

Your forum, your view so I wouldn't disrespect your club by making an argument but having had a good day at Wembley last year talking to your fans have followed The New Fishy and your team this season and TBH a very large proportion of your posters do not and have not supported PH and his post FGR interview would seem to support that. Blimey, the bloke had just got you back into the league and he felt the need to say that! I just say what I have observed on here all season. Seems a good man, hope he does well next season. But I stand by what I said, everyone needs to get behind him and support because next season you will have a few bad runs just as we have this season. As I said, your forum and respect, good luck next season.

You're right, we are a moaning bunch of w@nkers at times....think its partly due to the fact he is from South Yorkshire...never sits well with us here by the seaside....i guess if you imagined being managed by a Welshman.
But being English we all like a good moan rather than a good praise dont we so dont be too judgemental of our whinge @rsing on here.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 132
grimps
May 23, 2016, 2:41pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,150
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We need to move away from 4 - 4 - 2 which in league 2 we may be able to as not everyone will play 4 - 4 - 2.

442 only works if you play two wingers , We didn't yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 132
mariner91
May 23, 2016, 2:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from grimps

442 only works if you play two wingers , We didn't yesterday

We didn't play 1!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.