Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Final tickets
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Final tickets

This thread currently has 48,342 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
May 9, 2016, 2:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm going to wait too. Had front row seats in 2nd tier last year it was excellent. There may not be any bad view seats at Wembley but that rather depends on whether everyfucker in front of you stands up every time Town get the ball - completely ruined the Wrexham final for us.

Yeah and it depends where you are sat. Sit elsewhere and you should be sat, If you're in the singing section and want to moan when people stand up you're a wrong 'un.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 253
golfer
May 9, 2016, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Felt sorry for a guy playing a mouth organ in the Bull Ring on Saturday. He was huddled up to a small dog and they were both soaking wet, having got caught when the fountains came on.  I was so ashamed of his plight I gave him £50 .  He told me that he had 2 young sons who were that keen on football . He couldn,t afford to buy a television so that they could watch the Town match, in fact they had both gone down to Curry,s to see if the game was televised in their showroom. I welled up, tears streaming down my face.  I remembered I had bought 5 Wembley tickets and 5 return train tickets to Kings Cross. 3 of my friends had dropped out and couldn,t make it as it coincided with the charity work they were doing to help the underprivileged. " Would you like these tickets  "  I asked , explaining what they were.  He was so grateful he put his arms around and hugged me tightly. I was so taken by his gratitude I hardly noticed the smell. Here,s another £100 -stay in that Travelodge overnight and have a good nights rest before the match.  My friend and I will be sat next to you at the game.

When I got home I realised that I had given him all 5 match tickets and the train tickets so I wont be able to go .

If anybody has got 2 spare tickets they dont want and can give my friend and I a lift I am sure that our maker will shine down on you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 253
UTMariners
May 9, 2016, 3:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Quite relieved the early bird gamble paid off second year running.. I really thought it was £70 down the drain on thursday!

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 253
gtfc98
May 9, 2016, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
block 121! UTM

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 253
Ipswin
May 9, 2016, 4:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from WetFlannel

Yeah and it depends where you are sat. Sit elsewhere and you should be sat, If you're in the singing section and want to moan when people stand up you're a wrong 'un.

There wasn't a 'singing section' for the Wrexham game (I would have avoided it like the plague anyway) We were immediately behind a row of drunkenfuckers who had never been to a match before and stood up every few seconds

You meet a much nicer class of chap on the 2nd tier

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 253
Gaffer58
May 9, 2016, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Completely agree about 2nd tier, last year on the front row nobody stood in front of me (arthritic knee so can't stand for long) also being at the side opposite the players tunnel we were in the shade, no lobster faces for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 253
Ipswin
May 9, 2016, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
Completely agree about 2nd tier, last year on the front row nobody stood in front of me (arthritic knee so can't stand for long) also being at the side opposite the players tunnel we were in the shade, no lobster faces for us.

We must have been just yards apart - I want exactly the same section again on Sunday if possible

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 253
Magsinrio
May 9, 2016, 6:35pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 2
Gytone, If you are coming down the M1 then defo take the exit for Stanmore and get the Jubillee Line straight there. Plenty of free parking around the station and only couple of minutes off junction 4.
"To get to the car park at Stanmore Station from the M1: exit at junction 4. This will be the A41 toward Harrow/Edgware. There is a roundabout after about a mile at which the 3rd exit should be taken onto the A410 (Spur Rd). Continue on the A410 for a mile to reach the Stanmore car park."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 253
Stadium
May 9, 2016, 6:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from gytone
So, I'm coming down the M1 because I'm picking my son up from Sheffield, any ideas on parking, so we can get the tube in, cheers for any replies  

Off the M1 at Jct 4,take the A5 south and right turn into London Rd(Stanmore)
Park on street near station(Should be foc on a Sunday).
Jubilee Line south to Wembley Park(4 stops)

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 253
lukeo
May 9, 2016, 6:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
for BR I was in the singing section,  was flipping brilliant and if I can get sunday off work I'll be doing it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 253
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Final tickets

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.