This thread currently has 1,378 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
May 29, 2015, 3:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Right so we know PH likes his strong target man type striker, but now LJL has gone which albeit disappointing will he change his style either forced or unforced.
I think effective target men to his level are not too easy to find so perhaps its time we go with 2 lively strikers who can play off each other and get behind defenders.
One thing this league has is big no nonsense defenders who know how to get their head to a ball or clear into row z but not many have clever mobile defenders who can contain a couple of lively pacy attackers. If we are going to play with 2 wingers as I'm sure we are we need to play in behind teams rather than constantly through the middle.
So interesting to see if PH has accepted we can be a bit predictable and changes his philosophy. I think it will depend on what strikers are available/want to come. Could be LJL going is a blessing in disguise

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Maringer
May 29, 2015, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,381
Gold Stars: 184
I don't think our midfield is good enough at passing to play without a target man, to tell the truth. Little dynamism in our play and none of them are particularly good at first-time passes which is why we move the ball slowly through the midfield area.

I expect Hurst will look for another big, mobile bloke to replace LJL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
ginnywings
May 29, 2015, 3:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think our midfield is good enough at passing to play without a target man, to tell the truth. Little dynamism in our play and none of them are particularly good at first-time passes which is why we move the ball slowly through the midfield area.

I expect Hurst will look for another big, mobile bloke to replace LJL.

I concur.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now that LJL has moved on

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.