Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, May 29, 2015, 3:10pm
Right so we know PH likes his strong target man type striker, but now LJL has gone which albeit disappointing will he change his style either forced or unforced.
I think effective target men to his level are not too easy to find so perhaps its time we go with 2 lively strikers who can play off each other and get behind defenders.
One thing this league has is big no nonsense defenders who know how to get their head to a ball or clear into row z but not many have clever mobile defenders who can contain a couple of lively pacy attackers. If we are going to play with 2 wingers as I'm sure we are we need to play in behind teams rather than constantly through the middle.
So interesting to see if PH has accepted we can be a bit predictable and changes his philosophy. I think it will depend on what strikers are available/want to come. Could be LJL going is a blessing in disguise
Posted by: Maringer, May 29, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 1
I don't think our midfield is good enough at passing to play without a target man, to tell the truth. Little dynamism in our play and none of them are particularly good at first-time passes which is why we move the ball slowly through the midfield area.

I expect Hurst will look for another big, mobile bloke to replace LJL.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2015, 3:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think our midfield is good enough at passing to play without a target man, to tell the truth. Little dynamism in our play and none of them are particularly good at first-time passes which is why we move the ball slowly through the midfield area.

I expect Hurst will look for another big, mobile bloke to replace LJL.

I concur.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:17pm