Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What Now?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 283 Guests

What Now?

This thread currently has 1,130 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
May 28, 2015, 3:20pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Can you remember, around Christmas time, people were calling for Hurst's head, but the general consensus was, "Wait till the end of the season, and if we do not get promoted, then get rid of him"?

Well, the season has ended, we never got promoted, and Mr Hurst seems to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I have said it before, and will stick by my statement, WE WILL NOT GET OUT OF THIS LEAGUE WITH THAT MAN IN CHARGE

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
oldun
May 28, 2015, 3:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Oh give it a rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
LH
May 28, 2015, 3:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Bore off.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Les Brechin
May 28, 2015, 3:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
So. it's Hurst fault that Pittman missed his penalty at Wembley then?

He came within ONE (well 2 really) kick(s) of getting us out of this league.

Such a fine line between success and failure, far too fine to make that statement in my opinion.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
MARINERSMAN22
May 28, 2015, 3:45pm
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
UTTER RUBBISH...I'm sorry but Hurst is fantastic - his eye for signings is second to none and he is slowly developing a tactical mind...look at Magnay; rejected at Gateshead and he is now the best rb in the league...that's just one example - he will get us out of the league we just need to put faith in him and Fenty

UTM

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
petethemariner
May 28, 2015, 4:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I honestly do not know what to think about PH, he is clearly a decent person,i believe he has improved
a little tactically and developed a good team spirit in last years squad, however at the back of your mind
you have to remember some woeful, idealess home performances, which does temper enthusiasm  a bit,
there is no doubt that he will be in charge at the start of the season and deserves to be, but we have to start
putting 'lesser' teams to  the sword at BP and how much longer can the club financially afford to be 'nearly men'
i hope we can achieve all we want under PH, but he will have to get his team to deliver from the off next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Jarmo.Is.God
May 28, 2015, 4:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
He isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but he is the best available to us I believe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
oldun
May 28, 2015, 4:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from petethemariner
I honestly do not know what to think about PH, he is clearly a decent person,i believe he has improved
a little tactically and developed a good team spirit in last years squad, however at the back of your mind
you have to remember some woeful, idealess home performances, which does temper enthusiasm  a bit,
there is no doubt that he will be in charge at the start of the season and deserves to be, but we have to start
putting 'lesser' teams to  the sword at BP and how much longer can the club financially afford to be 'nearly men'
i hope we can achieve all we want under PH, but he will have to get his team to deliver from the off next season.

I am pretty sure PH shares your views, he cannot have been happy with the home results. It is up to him to figure out what the team needs to do to break down packed defences. First thing that will help will be if we can improve our chance conversion rate as this makes the difference when chances are few and far between. We could also try to improve our scoring rate from corners and set pieces, this will also get us points in tight games. The margins between getting 3 points and none are fine really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What Now?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.