Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 28, 2015, 3:20pm
Can you remember, around Christmas time, people were calling for Hurst's head, but the general consensus was, "Wait till the end of the season, and if we do not get promoted, then get rid of him"?

Well, the season has ended, we never got promoted, and Mr Hurst seems to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I have said it before, and will stick by my statement, WE WILL NOT GET OUT OF THIS LEAGUE WITH THAT MAN IN CHARGE
Posted by: oldun, May 28, 2015, 3:22pm; Reply: 1
Oh give it a rest.
Posted by: LH, May 28, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 2
Bore off.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 28, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 3
So. it's Hurst fault that Pittman missed his penalty at Wembley then?

He came within ONE (well 2 really) kick(s) of getting us out of this league.

Such a fine line between success and failure, far too fine to make that statement in my opinion.
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 28, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 4
UTTER RUBBISH...I'm sorry but Hurst is fantastic - his eye for signings is second to none and he is slowly developing a tactical mind...look at Magnay; rejected at Gateshead and he is now the best rb in the league...that's just one example - he will get us out of the league we just need to put faith in him and Fenty

UTM
Posted by: petethemariner, May 28, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 5
I honestly do not know what to think about PH, he is clearly a decent person,i believe he has improved
a little tactically and developed a good team spirit in last years squad, however at the back of your mind
you have to remember some woeful, idealess home performances, which does temper enthusiasm  a bit,
there is no doubt that he will be in charge at the start of the season and deserves to be, but we have to start
putting 'lesser' teams to  the sword at BP and how much longer can the club financially afford to be 'nearly men'
i hope we can achieve all we want under PH, but he will have to get his team to deliver from the off next season.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 28, 2015, 4:28pm; Reply: 6
He isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but he is the best available to us I believe
Posted by: oldun, May 28, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from petethemariner
I honestly do not know what to think about PH, he is clearly a decent person,i believe he has improved
a little tactically and developed a good team spirit in last years squad, however at the back of your mind
you have to remember some woeful, idealess home performances, which does temper enthusiasm  a bit,
there is no doubt that he will be in charge at the start of the season and deserves to be, but we have to start
putting 'lesser' teams to  the sword at BP and how much longer can the club financially afford to be 'nearly men'
i hope we can achieve all we want under PH, but he will have to get his team to deliver from the off next season.

I am pretty sure PH shares your views, he cannot have been happy with the home results. It is up to him to figure out what the team needs to do to break down packed defences. First thing that will help will be if we can improve our chance conversion rate as this makes the difference when chances are few and far between. We could also try to improve our scoring rate from corners and set pieces, this will also get us points in tight games. The margins between getting 3 points and none are fine really.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:18pm