Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 173 Guests

Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!

This thread currently has 3,216 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
barralad
May 28, 2015, 8:45am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !
All we had to do was try and keep this team together for a good start.
We have failed and we will fail again next season.
The same mistakes have been made verry year since we've been down here , copulated if I'll be buying a season ticket , I'll just wait until Febuary March time when we get a few loan players in for the final push for another play off failure

Firstly, I'll believe anyone has gone when I see it in black and white from the club.
Secondly the nature of football has always been that better/richer clubs come and take your better players. Neither you nor I or anyone else on here know how hard the club have tried in negotiations to keep the players together.
There will be messageboards all over lower leagues than this one hoping that "Big" teams such as GTFC don't come in for their better players.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
LongEatonMariner
May 28, 2015, 8:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Unless you support Real Madrid there is always a bigger club threatening to take your best players. Liverpool are having the same issue for christ's sake.

It is unfortunate but it is reality, and a reality we should have been aware of since the inception of the club.

Of course I will be disappointed as good players leave, but I'll be excited to see the potential of new recruits that follow. Who will be next season's Clay / Toto / Magnay?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
GrimRob
May 28, 2015, 9:58am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Exactly, how many of the players we sign every summer have you ever heard of? Then 12 months later they are your heroes. In offices where I have worked "key" people have left and you think the world will collapse without them but it never does. Other people emerge to fill their shoes.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 15
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 28, 2015, 10:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Every walk of life is the same. You do well at your job, you get a promotion or another company comes in for you.

It's as simple as that.

Would love the nucleus of the squad to stay and gain sweet revenge by getting promotion. The club deserves it, the players deserve it and as fans we deserve it. But it isn't our god given right to have it.

Let's stop harping on and having a go at the players/management about what is ACTUALLY going on. We don't know everything. That isn't our job. That's to back the team once they cross the white line. Believe in the club and believe in the team.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Garth
May 28, 2015, 11:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from GrimRob
Exactly, how many of the players we sign every summer have you ever heard of? Then 12 months later they are your heroes. In offices where I have worked "key" people have left and you think the world will collapse without them but it never does. Other people emerge to fill their shoes.

The boneyard is full of indispensables
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
oldun
May 28, 2015, 1:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We have to be realistic. Liverpool are unlikely to keep Raheem Stirling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.