Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2015, 10:15pm
Lots of noise about who is staying and who is going in the last 24 hours but worth noting that there will be loads of talent available and desperate to sign in July as did Clay, Mag and JPP last year.

Also PH does appear to have a good eye for a player so if we lose a few even with our budget we may gain a few.

Last years squad was exceptional off the park and strong on it maybe next year it could be the other way around, who knows?.

Time to trust the manager......................as we all pretty much did on the weekend of May 16th/17th !!  
Posted by: A.l.f., May 27, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 1
Absolutely - When Hurst brought in Gowling It did make me think that maybe Shaun may be leaving.  It was always going to be difficult to keep our best performers after going so close.
Lets remember - we didnt get what we deserved in the play off final but those lads gave their all.
They have to look after their best interests and if thats away from GTFC so be it.  We have to remember that our budget depends on our income unless we risk the Peter Ridsdale approach at Leeds and gamble - a gamble that Leeds are still paying for.
Paul Hurst has a good eye for players and as long as we keep most of the squad together but more importantly we as fans continue to support the team then all is not lost.

Sure I'd be disappointed to lose Shaun and Carl but we have to remember where we are these days.
I'm certain the players have not been offered less money as some have indicated but we simply can't compete with wages league clubs can offer and 2/3 year deals.

Whatever happens I will continue to support my club as I have for the past 42 years.  UTM
Posted by: grimps, May 27, 2015, 10:54pm; Reply: 2
balderdash !
All we had to do was try and keep this team together for a good start.
We have failed and we will fail again next season.
The same mistakes have been made verry year since we've been down here , copulated if I'll be buying a season ticket , I'll just wait until Febuary March time when we get a few loan players in for the final push for another play off failure
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2015, 10:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !
The same mistakes have been made verry year since we've been down here , copulated if I'll be buying a season ticket , I'll just wait until Febuary March time when we get a few loan players in for the final push for another play off failure

In reality did you expect anything different?  

Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, May 27, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !

How can people red cross this ?

We all know its true !

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 27, 2015, 11:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

How can people red cross this ?

We all know its true !

flipping hell not you. I thought you'd taken your negative sniping somewhere else.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, May 27, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 6
[quote=82]

flipping hell not you. I thought you'd taken your negative sniping somewhere else.[/quote

I'm afraid it's not negative sniping, it's someone who is drunk off seeing the same thing year in year out.

New season, new players on short term contracts, taking time to gel by which time other teams have stolen a march on us. Pick up around mid season and make a gallant effort into the play off's and lose !

And repeat, and repeat, and repeat................................sound familiar ?

Posted by: A.l.f., May 27, 2015, 11:35pm; Reply: 7
If Shaun is going to Barnsley - even if Town had offered him our maximum I'm guessing it still would be no where near what Barnsley can offer.
Much as it's disappointing - it's reality.  How on earth do you expect Town to compete with League Clubs?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 27, 2015, 11:36pm; Reply: 8
A realist would say this is how we will always be a feeder club.  If we don't get Gowling and Toto then it will need a virtual re build which would be a tough call on Hurst to get a side together as good as our last quarters players and spirits.  :(
Posted by: aldi_01, May 28, 2015, 7:56am; Reply: 9
95% of clubs go through this every summer. Unless clubs are rolling in cash anything more than year long contracts is rare.

People making stupid claims of not getting a season ticket because a couple of players are leaving, moving  up the leagues and getting their rewards for playing well all year is hardly a reason not to buy one.

The ethos and attitude of the whole club has changed, that wasn't sinply down to the players who will always come and go. It's about supporting thenclub you twonks, not getting mardy because some players leave and some stay. In honesty, Pearson and Magnay in particular would've left even if we had stormed the league let alone win the playoffs.

This is just the usual end of season nonsense rhetoric we get every year from some fans.
Posted by: barralad, May 28, 2015, 8:45am; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !

Firstly, I'll believe anyone has gone when I see it in black and white from the club.
Secondly the nature of football has always been that better/richer clubs come and take your better players. Neither you nor I or anyone else on here know how hard the club have tried in negotiations to keep the players together.
There will be messageboards all over lower leagues than this one hoping that "Big" teams such as GTFC don't come in for their better players.

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 28, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 11
Unless you support Real Madrid there is always a bigger club threatening to take your best players. Liverpool are having the same issue for christ's sake.

It is unfortunate but it is reality, and a reality we should have been aware of since the inception of the club.

Of course I will be disappointed as good players leave, but I'll be excited to see the potential of new recruits that follow. Who will be next season's Clay / Toto / Magnay?

UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, May 28, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 12
Exactly, how many of the players we sign every summer have you ever heard of? Then 12 months later they are your heroes. In offices where I have worked "key" people have left and you think the world will collapse without them but it never does. Other people emerge to fill their shoes.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 28, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 13
Every walk of life is the same. You do well at your job, you get a promotion or another company comes in for you.

It's as simple as that.

Would love the nucleus of the squad to stay and gain sweet revenge by getting promotion. The club deserves it, the players deserve it and as fans we deserve it. But it isn't our god given right to have it.

Let's stop harping on and having a go at the players/management about what is ACTUALLY going on. We don't know everything. That isn't our job. That's to back the team once they cross the white line. Believe in the club and believe in the team.
Posted by: Garth, May 28, 2015, 11:03am; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob
Exactly, how many of the players we sign every summer have you ever heard of? Then 12 months later they are your heroes. In offices where I have worked "key" people have left and you think the world will collapse without them but it never does. Other people emerge to fill their shoes.

The boneyard is full of indispensables
Posted by: oldun, May 28, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 15
We have to be realistic. Liverpool are unlikely to keep Raheem Stirling
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 6:29pm