Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson leaving?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 227 Guests

Shaun Pearson leaving?

This thread currently has 9,303 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
May 18, 2015, 8:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,692
Gold Stars: 19
Shaun has tweeted:

"Would just like to say I thought the fans were incredible yesterday. Unfortunately we couldn't quite finish the job off.  I am however immensely proud to have been part of this squad and couldn't have asked to be a part of a better group of players."

Reads like goodbye to me. Hope not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
May 18, 2015, 8:25pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I got that feeling too!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2015, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I think Josh Gowling coming was possibly insurance just in case............Would be gutted to see him go but if he gets an offer in the league I would wish him well.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
Caesar
May 18, 2015, 8:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Think all the players are putting out nice messages but that could be read as goodbye. Craig Clay did one but then tweeted that it wasn't a goodbye tweet.

However do think he will be in demand higher up and cannot begrudge him if he does go. Would love him to stay and still hope he does but fear he will have offers too good to turn down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
BIGChris
May 18, 2015, 8:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Caesar
Think all the players are putting out nice messages but that could be read as goodbye. Craig Clay did one but then tweeted that it wasn't a goodbye tweet.

However do think he will be in demand higher up and cannot begrudge him if he does go. Would love him to stay and still hope he does but fear he will have offers too good to turn down.

Agree with this.

I really want Shaun to stay, a vital player BUT I know he is very keen to play in the FL. He hoped it would be with Town but having been beaten 3 years running in the play offs I wouldn't begrudge him if he took an opportunity.

IF he goes to league club I am sure he would go with the best wishes of the vast majority of fans. Rumours that Russ Wilcox at York is keen but hopefully he will stay were he is appreciated and loved!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2015, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from BIGChris

Agree with this.

I really want Shaun to stay, a vital player BUT I know he is very keen to play in the FL. He hoped it would be with Town but having been beaten 3 years running in the play offs I wouldn't begrudge him if he took an opportunity.

IF he goes to league club I am sure he would go with the best wishes of the vast majority of fans. Rumours that Russ Wilcox at York is keen but hopefully he will stay were he is appreciated and loved!

He's possibly better than York TBH...........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
chaos33
May 18, 2015, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I don't see it as goodbye. Things will have moved pretty quickly if it is, unless Shaun and the club agreed that he could leave if we weren't promoted, and he doesn't strike me as that kind of pro - to say some kind of cryptic goodbye that would pre-empt the club's official communication on the matter. Think a bit of insecurity is making people read a subtext that might not even be there. Anyway, what do we know. All in good time.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
GyMariner
May 18, 2015, 8:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
The way I interpret it is that he is proud of the squad because he knows some will be leaving. Doesn't mean he himself is leaving! Even though players like ross and paddy don't play much they are still part of the squad and largely contribute to the positive environmemt, players like ross have big characters!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
mariner91
May 18, 2015, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
I hope he stays, he's vital to the squad. Absolutely the best centre back in this league, in fact I don't think anyone gets close to him. Certainly capable of being a good defender in L2. If he does go though, as others have said, he'll leave with my best wishes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
chaos33
May 18, 2015, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Anyway, I'm sure the Twitterati will pester the life out of him to make his position clear, which he'll no doubt do in due course.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson leaving?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.