Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Work to do, and fast !
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 177 Guests

Work to do, and fast !

This thread currently has 4,428 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
May 18, 2015, 11:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Contracted players for next season......

James McKeown
Callum Bastock................

.......so we are ok for Keepers !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
May 18, 2015, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
If we can retain most if not all the players of the squad and add 2-3 players that would be ideal but the ones that worry me are Pearson and Toto , for me they have been our best central defenders in recent years and they could easily play league 2.

I really hope we can sign them up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
May 18, 2015, 11:14am
Guest User
I think most of these players will want to be coming back.

My biggest two worries are Pearson and Magnay.

I would love to see Ian Miller signed who has been released by Cambridge.
Reply: 2 - 21
pontoonlew
May 18, 2015, 11:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,833
Gold Stars: 167
More chance of rocking horse shite than Miller coming back here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Jarmo.Is.God
May 18, 2015, 11:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Keep gowling instead of Miller
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
jonnyboy82
May 18, 2015, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I agree , gowling should be snapped up if possible.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
mariner91
May 18, 2015, 11:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,573
Gold Stars: 260
Sign Gowling, Magnay, Pearson and Toto as soon as possible. Championship winning sides are built on solid defences and we've got a pretty damn good one currently. Then look at investing in the forward areas. We weren't far off this season, just needs that extra spark.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
diehardmariner
May 18, 2015, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,403
Gold Stars: 532
In an ideal world I'd love to see the vast majority of this squad kept together with the exceptions of Brown, Hannah, McLaughlin, Bignot and Jolley let go.  

Replace Brown basically with someone a bit better.  I know that's a very generalised statement to make but we need someone with a bit more about him.  He started well but yesterday just highlighted the difference in our tempo when Clay is playing instead of Brown.   I think it was the York fans who commented that Brown goes badly missing in bigger games too, which unfortunately I think we've seen this season.  I don't think he's a bad player at all, but we want to improve.  Clay and Disley are a fine pairing, just need a viable alternative.

Hannah doesn't offer enough for me.  I saw a few people on facebook/twitter last night saying it was a perfect opportunity for him yesterday and we were crying out for him. Sorry but I couldn't disagree more.  Hurst has set us up as a side who have strikers who hustle and bustle, run into the channels and even have that little bit of unpredictability about them.   Hannah is a willing runner, nothing more.  Even for the disappointing performances he put in later in the season I'd like to see Palmer remain here and work with LJL and Pittman.  As for another option, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see what Watson is like with a full pre-season under him and a bit more development.

McLaughlin, Bignot and Jolley - I'd see as part of cost saving if I'm honest.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2015, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Hypothetical I know, but I wonder what might have happened had Rodman stayed. I know he was inconsistent but he offered more of a threat than Mackreth does.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
diehardmariner
May 18, 2015, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,403
Gold Stars: 532
Don't think Rodman had anywhere near the work ethic that Mackreth brings to the table.  Individually, no contest but I'd much rather have Mackreth in this team.

Mackreth has been an unsung hero for me this season.  Scored some vitals goal at a time when we were stuttering a bit but more importantly never once has he gone missing, which Rodman was prone to doing.

Mackreth is a nice medium of the ability of Rodman but the workrate of Colbeck.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Work to do, and fast !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.