This thread currently has 5,229 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 17, 2015, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Got this message from BRFC fan LostInSpace "I would like to say how impressed your fantastic fans were today at Wembley, all those rovers fans around us were really pleased that it was your following that created the atmosphere at the stadium,, they were brilliant, made the rovers fans sound like a load of church mice..[me being a rovers fan!!, commiserations to you and your fans, and wish you the very best in your attempt next season to get out of that hell hole of the conference, your fans certainly deserve it"

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
ginnywings
May 17, 2015, 10:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
We won the fans.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
ackomariner
May 17, 2015, 10:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
On their forum there all saying we were the best team today, puddy should have walked and the town fans out sung them all game......all going on about how good the fish chant sounded...must agree, it sounded fantastic

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Chrisblor
May 17, 2015, 11:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Oh that's nice and will totally mitigate the awful feelings I'm currently experiencing while we look forward to another season in this joke league. They can take their irine song and intercourse off

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2015, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,205
Gold Stars: 235
Realy don't care a flyingfuck how good they think we were. Next season, we go to Boreham wood and they don't. End.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
arryarryarry
May 17, 2015, 11:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,059
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Realy don't care a flyingfuck how good they think we were. Next season, we go to Boreham wood and they don't. End.

I think that is the post that sums up today.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
forza ivano
May 17, 2015, 11:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly.totally irrelevant how loud fans sing their songs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Caesar
May 17, 2015, 11:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from forza ivano

Exactly.totally irrelevant how loud fans sing their songs

Disagree with that.  Yeah I would swap silent fans for a place in the football league, and yes I don't care much about the respect we may get in comparison to the joy I would have with being in the football league but am always proud of our fans when we are as loud as we were today.  Ireelevant in terms of results yes but not totally irrelevant, I feel at least somewhat comforted by knowing we were represented our team well today!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Maringer
May 17, 2015, 11:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,379
Gold Stars: 184
Despite the disappointment of the result, I think the atmosphere generated by our fans today (and at many of the away games) has really helped this season.

I hope we can keep this up and begin next season with a really positive and lively atmosphere at BP (as well as the away matches) because it can't help but improve our chances.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
KingstonMariner
May 17, 2015, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Wouldn't say it was irrelevant how loud fans sing. If you believe it makes a difference to the players, the 12th man and all that then it's not irrelevant.

Much better to come away thinking you did your best to encourage the team than to have lost and come away thinking you didn't do your best to encourage the team, that had you made more of an effort it might have got that extra yard of pace out of someone, that extra will to pick yourself up and find some energy out of nowhere.

Besides, IMO, singing and chanting in unison feels good in and of itself.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rovers Reaction

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.