Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I might be in a minority of one but...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

I might be in a minority of one but...

This thread currently has 4,753 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 17, 2015, 7:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I thought it was a bloody awful game from two defensive teams who were desperate not to lose. Did either keeper make a save during the whole 2 hours?
Can't fault towns commitment but thought disley and Browns performances were strewn with errors,Palmer offered ver little whilst toto continues to survive by the seat of his pants. Real shame that Arnold was so little involved and not the danger man he could be, because he was asked to sit so deep. Thought even magnay was below par, whilst shop was well dealt with by their centre backs.the left back had mckreth in his pocket. Crossing and corners were poor.
Pearson was motm by a country mile IMHO.  Played a lot of football at the back but failed miserably to do anything meaningful in the attacking half. Rovers were even worse . Quite embarrassing the amount of shanks, passes played straight out of play, players falling over their own feet, miss kicks .the joy of non league football eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
May 17, 2015, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,872
Gold Stars: 227
Worth noting it is non league football after all....................... Agree with Pearson as MOTM though.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
jonnyboy82
May 17, 2015, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Yes you are in the minority of one.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
mariner2000
May 17, 2015, 8:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I think as stated the point is THIS IS NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

I agree Hursts negative awayday tactics do your head in but on the day the team did well, they outplayed Briistol Rovers the stronger team.  

I just wish we had decided to shoot when we were in the box!!

Of course there were errors today, their were lots of nerves so it was to be expected.  Overall we still deserved to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 14
devs
May 17, 2015, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
We were great today apart from not shooting enough... feel I've been saying that all season
Very proud of the players and the magnificent effort they put in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Tommy
May 17, 2015, 8:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Couldn't disagree more about Toto I thought he was brilliant and probably our MOM.

We weren't far off but just lacked what we lacked all season to make the difference - that Akinde/Vardy/Hearn/Andre Gray/Tubbs quality striker.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
mariner2000
May 17, 2015, 8:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
this year we need it from DAY ONE not from Christmas!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 6 - 14
tails303
May 17, 2015, 8:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +182
I thought town played well UPTO the final third.mackreth couldnt beat an egg and LJL trying to many fancy flicks...having said that, we didnt deserve to lose. Team and fans did us proud and ive no doubt we will be challenging again next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
arryarryarry
May 17, 2015, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
I thought it was a bloody awful game from two defensive teams who were desperate not to lose. Did either keeper make a save during the whole 2 hours?
Can't fault towns commitment but thought disley and Browns performances were strewn with errors,Palmer offered ver little whilst toto continues to survive by the seat of his pants. Real shame that Arnold was so little involved and not the danger man he could be, because he was asked to sit so deep. Thought even magnay was below par, whilst shop was well dealt with by their centre backs.the left back had mckreth in his pocket. Crossing and corners were poor.
Pearson was motm by a country mile IMHO.  Played a lot of football at the back but failed miserably to do anything meaningful in the attacking half. Rovers were even worse . Quite embarrassing the amount of shanks, passes played straight out of play, players falling over their own feet, miss kicks .the joy of non league football eh?

I thought Palmer didn't do that bad considering the poor effort from both wide men who hardly got a decent cross into the area all game.

When we were lumping it forward it was usually Palmer getting his head to it, when he went off we hardly won a header for the rest of the game.

Lets not forget it was a good run and effort to beat the keeper when the cheating tw@t should have walked.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
petethemariner
May 17, 2015, 11:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Have to be honest, i thought our two forwards were moderate today,Shop won a few headers and tried
hard, but neither he or Palmer held the ball up well enough today, remember thinking to myself 'couldn't trap
a bag of cement' a good few times today, perhaps the service to them wasn't the greatest, but its that area
of the pitch, plus an attack minded midfielder that is the reason we face  at least another season in the non
league. IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I might be in a minority of one but...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.