Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unite as One.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Unite as One.

This thread currently has 2,975 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
May 17, 2015, 5:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
We missed out on the football league due to penalties. We controlled the majority of the game and looked like we would go on to win it, it didn't happen for us and I'm as gutted as the next person but let's have the heartache and few weeks off and regroup. The league won't be as strong next year and we definately have the power to fire our way out this shithole. Would have been a different story had penatlies gone our way but let's cut the negativity and go again, was proud of the lads today and gave it their all, UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
May 17, 2015, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
Did their best and have done all season. Pull together and we will p1ss it next year.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
fishheadphil
May 17, 2015, 5:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from GtfcGarner
We missed out on the football league due to penalties. We controlled the majority of the game and looked like we would go on to win it, it didn't happen for us and I'm as gutted as the next person but let's have the heartache and few weeks off and regroup. The league won't be as strong next year and we definately have the power to fire our way out this shithole. Would have been a different story had penatlies gone our way but let's cut the negativity and go again, was proud of the lads today and gave it their all, UTM.

I agree 100% with this,  the only thing I will say is we must push the boat out and sign 3 or 4  quality players and win this league, we all knew deep down we would struggle without automatic promotion. We also need to set out with a less defensive mindset in games and if that means a different manager then so be it  the club comes first not the manager, you've gotta say over the season Bristol rovers deserve promotion  so hats off to them, but we are Grimsby town not ebbsfleet or Dover, so let's regroup and win this league or die trying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
LondonMariner43
May 17, 2015, 5:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I came on here to post something similar.   I'm gutted for the players, the manager and us as fans.  I thought the players did us proud today and I was proud to stand amongst the Town fans who were more focal and passionate than I remember at any of the 4 previous Wembley games.  I hope we keep the manager and all the squad if possible and again next year.  We were the best team in the league this season but ultimately it was the slow start to the season that cost us, not the ref today or JPP's miss.  We will be back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
fishheadphil
May 17, 2015, 5:59pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I came on here to post something similar.   I'm gutted for the players, the manager and us as fans.  I thought the players did us proud today and I was proud to stand amongst the Town fans who were more focal and passionate than I remember at any of the 4 previous Wembley games.  I hope we keep the manager and all the squad if possible and again next year.  We were the best team in the league this season but ultimately it was the slow start to the season that cost us, not the ref today or JPP's miss.  We will be back!

The ref had a decent game to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
ginnywings
May 17, 2015, 6:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 548
We failed to beat BR in 3 attempts and they finished above us, so no arguments from me, just downright guttedness. These games are a lottery and hinge on small pieces of luck either way. The cards fell their way this time. The team, management and fans look united to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
jock dock tower
May 17, 2015, 6:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Was immensely proud of the Town today, especially starting as underdogs. We took the game to them and they simply couldn't live with our vibrancy and movement upfront. We gave away a very sloppy equaliser and that was basically it until the penalties. Two very good teams giving it their all, and unfortunately there could only be the one winner.

Am with other posters on the prospects for next season tough. Hurst has to stay. Don't see much wrong with the current squad if we can keep it together, don't forget it's familiarity that does the biz every bit as much as new signings, if not more.

You did us all proud today, we couldn't ask for more. UTFM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
acko338
May 17, 2015, 7:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
My main disappointment is the lack of skill and guile at set pieces, especially corners - poor deliveries give Pearson and Nsiala no incentive to keep going up front.

Shame about Gowling's injury - could have been a factor in steadying the defense - think he is more solid than Toto over all, and hope we look at offering him a contract for next season.

Wish Gregor could have lasted the full game - another worth a contract next season from games played to date.

So close, and inching nearer each season - deffo need that 30 goal striker though.

Need to be ready to go from game 1 next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
MarinerRob
May 17, 2015, 7:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
Grimsby were the better team at Wembley today, in my view, but lost out on a penalty shoot out lottery. Went 'toe to toe' with Bristol Rovers, who were the clear favourites, whose supporters thought all they had to do was to turn up. Football can be a very harsh game but proud of every single Grimsby player today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Maringer
May 17, 2015, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,375
Gold Stars: 184
We desperately need a player with some good delivery from set pieces. The number of corners /free-kicks which went straight to their keeper or were too easily cleared was a real issue.

I'd also like to see a bit of pace in the middle of the park and somebody with a decent long throw as well. Actually, Toto might be able to take the throws for us as I seem to recall he's chucked one or two long ones at times. He's no threat as a goalscorer so no need to have him in the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unite as One.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.