Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1 week tomorrow!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 228 Guests

1 week tomorrow!

This thread currently has 3,928 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Gastafari
May 9, 2015, 1:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +91
Gashead here

With just over a week to go until our Wembley showdown, I was interested to hear the opinions of you guy's.

I dont know about you, but I and a fair few of us Gasheads are absolutely bricking it.

Our entire future as a football club could hinder on this 1 game, we will find out by the end of this week the outcome of the High Court ruling regarding our much needed stadium, if the judge rules in favour of Sainsbury's and we lose in the Play Off final then I can honestly say we will be sailing down excrement creek without a paddle, so it is a huge, huge game for us.

But enough of that, I am not looking for any sympathy

If we dont win, then I am glad that you will get back up to where you belong

Grimsby(I know it's a cliche) are a proper Football League club and like ourselves should at least be in League One.

When I first started supporting Rovers in the late 80's, early 90's we were both mid table Division 2(What is now The Championship) clubs.

Anyway i'm babbling, obviously I hope we win, but if we dont it will be good to see you guys get back in The Football League, you have been down here far too long. Good luck guys, may the best team win on the day!

There's only one Craig Disley!

Logged Offline
Private Message
petethemariner
May 9, 2015, 3:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I agree it is a massive game for both clubs, clubs who really should be plying their
trade in the FL, the annoying thing though is that if there was any fairness you would already
be up by finishing second and we would arguably have a better chance against teams that
finished below us.
Just hope that whoever loses bounces back and wins the league next year.
With your massive following and  a decent crowd from us, it should be  great atmosphere
with hopefully no trouble - Good luck to you - after next week of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
SamTheMariner
May 9, 2015, 3:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Just hope we win. C'mon the Mariners

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2015, 4:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I wouldn't worry about not getting permission for a new stadium Gastafari. We've been waiting 20-odd years now.

On second thoughts maybe that's partly why we're down here.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
mimma
May 9, 2015, 5:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
The one thing I would say to Rovers fans is the longer you stay down here, the more support dwindles. That's what has been happening to us over the years, the longer we stay the more fans we have lost. That is why this game is vital, probably more for us than you. We feel that we have more than done our time down here, were as one more (successful) season  for you wouldn't do that much more harm.

Good luck with your stadium plans, we had plans 20 years ago when we were top of what is now the Championship. We were screwed by NIMBYs & an inept council that took many years to make a decision. The main reason why we are where we are. I sincerely hope you get yours.

Good luck to Rovers (after Sunday of course!) & have a good day out next week.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
brigg_mariner
May 9, 2015, 5:30pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
It's a massive game for both clubs, for different reasons.

I don't want to be going to Guiseley next season.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
BIGChris
May 9, 2015, 6:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mimma
The one thing I would say to Rovers fans is the longer you stay down here, the more support dwindles. That's what has been happening to us over the years, the longer we stay the more fans we have lost. That is why this game is vital, probably more for us than you. We feel that we have more than done our time down here, were as one more (successful) season  for you wouldn't do that much more harm.

Good luck with your stadium plans, we had plans 20 years ago when we were top of what is now the Championship. We were screwed by NIMBYs & an inept council that took many years to make a decision. The main reason why we are where we are. I sincerely hope you get yours.

UTM

Don't think this is factually correct?

3683 this season

Thought it had increased since we first came down????
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Gastafari
May 9, 2015, 6:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +91
Quoted from mimma

UTM

Us Gasheads are a weird bunch, our support seems to improve when we are on our knees.

Our Home and Away averages are better this season when we are at our lowest ebb than they were when we were in League One, that was despite playing the likes of Leeds, Forest, Southampton, Leicester and Norwich.

When we got relegated to the 4th tier for the first time in our history back in 2002 our averages were better than when we first moved back to Bristol in 1996 too, when he had a fantastic side under Ian Holloway.

Trust me, we know all about failed stadium plans, we have been after a new stadium for 30 years, we got chucked out of Eastville(Our spiritual home) back in 1985 and had to play in Bath for 10 years, we have had at least 5 stadium plans quashed by NIMBY'S over the years, even since we've been back in Bristol we've had problems even expanding our current home, it has been a disaster.

Fingers crossed we finally get the go ahead for this one, we are due a bit of luck, and we may be able to compete against that horrible red lot from South of the City once again, they've been rubbing our noses in it for far to long now.

How's Craig Disley performing for you guys? Us Gasheads love him, and we also have a lot of time for Stuart Campbell

Once again good luck guys
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
GrimRob
May 9, 2015, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

Don't think this is factually correct?

3683 this season

Thought it had increased since we first came down????

Well up on when we first came down

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8382729

Our support dropped a lot on entering non-league but since then has held up pretty well.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 24
Mrs Doyle
May 9, 2015, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Gastafari

Us Gasheads are a weird bunch, our support seems to improve when we are on our knees.

Our Home and Away averages are better this season when we are at our lowest ebb than they were when we were in League One, that was despite playing the likes of Leeds, Forest, Southampton, Leicester and Norwich.

When we got relegated to the 4th tier for the first time in our history back in 2002 our averages were better than when we first moved back to Bristol in 1996 too, when he had a fantastic side under Ian Holloway.

Trust me, we know all about failed stadium plans, we have been after a new stadium for 30 years, we got chucked out of Eastville(Our spiritual home) back in 1985 and had to play in Bath for 10 years, we have had at least 5 stadium plans quashed by NIMBY'S over the years, even since we've been back in Bristol we've had problems even expanding our current home, it has been a disaster.

Fingers crossed we finally get the go ahead for this one, we are due a bit of luck, and we may be able to compete against that horrible red lot from South of the City once again, they've been rubbing our noses in it for far to long now.

How's Craig Disley performing for you guys? Us Gasheads love him, and we also have a lot of time for Stuart Campbell

Once again good luck guys

What a irony we are almost identical in circumstances Dis as been a regular and part of our restructured team he as chipped in with some vital goals.

To me next Sunday will be a great day out and if we don't freeze and play to our potential will give you a real run for your money.

We took 33k to the old wembley in 98 (our first time ever at the stadium) and won the Johnsons paint trophy, just 2 weeks later in what was one of the last games at the old Wembley we beat Northampton in the play off promotion final taking 20k and being outnumbered by Northampton fans.

Next Sunday is massive for both of us  may the best team on the day win and hope the officials do not interfere,influence  and ruin the show because as you have probably gathered by now there are some absolute dross down here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1 week tomorrow!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.