gtfc98
May 13, 2015, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Spiritater
Apparently he's refused the contract offer we've put in front of him.

Would be surprised if that's the case. I'd imagine he'd want to see what league we're going to be in next year before he turns down any contract at Mansfield. We might not be able to afford him if we're still in this league.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
cleethorpes_mariner
May 13, 2015, 9:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Spiritater
Apparently he's refused the contract offer we've put in front of him.

Cant see this being true as I don't think we have done any contract offers yet, Hurst said he would wait till after Sunday before  speaking to players. Why upset players who dont get contract offers before the biggest game for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
Trawler
May 13, 2015, 9:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6

Cant see this being true as I don't think we have done any contract offers yet, Hurst said he would wait till after Sunday before  speaking to players. Why upset players who dont get contract offers before the biggest game for years.

You have got the wrong end of the stick cleethopres_mariner.  Spiritater is a Mansfield fan. He was talking about the contract Mansfield offered Palmer.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
arryarryarry
May 13, 2015, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113

When Spiritater said "we've", as a Mansfield fan I would assume he was talking about an offer from Mansfield rather than Grimsby.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
arryarryarry
May 13, 2015, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Apologies Trawler you beat me to it
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
Southwark Mariner
May 13, 2015, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
"When Ollie Palmer reached Wembley, he burnt his contract offers. As a result, he'll be well motivated for Sunday".

(spoken in a Scottish / Lithuanian accent)

Hunt for League Two Football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
Trawler
May 13, 2015, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
"When Ollie Palmer reached Wembley, he burnt his contract offers. As a result, he'll be well motivated for Sunday".

(spoken in a Scottish / Lithuanian accent)

Hunt for League Two Football

Agreed. Had a flutter on him to score first - 15/2 with Bet365

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
cleethorpes_mariner
May 13, 2015, 12:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Trawler

You have got the wrong end of the stick cleethopres_mariner.  Spiritater is a Mansfield fan. He was talking about the contract Mansfield offered Palmer.

Sorry my mistake, As its a GTFC forum I wrongly thought he was talking about us and not Mansfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
Trawler
May 13, 2015, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Sorry my mistake, As its a GTFC forum I wrongly thought he was talking about us and not Mansfield

You're forgiven. I admit I also got the wrong end of the stick until I saw the username.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.