2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
N2K
May 4, 2015, 8:04pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
Should PH try and sign him on a permanent deal? Personally, I see good potential in him and we should keep him, even if he was to go out on loan for a season or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BIGChris
May 4, 2015, 8:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from N2K
Should PH try and sign him on a permanent deal? Personally, I see good potential in him and we should keep him, even if he was to go out on loan for a season or two.

A season or two??

How long a contract you expecting him to get 3, 5 years???
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
N2K
May 4, 2015, 8:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
Well seeing as he's a young lad you'd want him on a long-ish contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
biggles9999
May 4, 2015, 8:49pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from N2K
Well seeing as he's a young lad you'd want him on a long-ish contract.

He is 24 in September, out on loan from a (currently midtable) conference team and although I think he looks decent I wouldn't want him in ahead of Mackreth or Arnold.

With regards to length of contract, tell me the last player we gave more than a 2/2.5 year deal too. Wood was it? We don't do it and never will with our current finances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
wycombemariner
May 4, 2015, 9:36pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
It'll be interesting to see what contract lengths we offer should we be successful and go up.  Will we see a return of 2/3/4 year deals?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
BIGChris
May 4, 2015, 9:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from wycombemariner
It'll be interesting to see what contract lengths we offer should we be successful and go up.  Will we see a return of 2/3/4 year deals?

Doubt we will go for 3 or 4yr deals Wikkers. Tbh I think they are a thing of the past in the lower reaches. Clubs cannot risk having a long deal round their necks if a player is injured or simply a dud
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
SamTheMariner
May 4, 2015, 9:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I suspect he'd offer 2/3 year deals to Pearson, Magnay and possibly Lenny as he trusts them, they are not injury prone, know the club. This would only occur though if we go up otherwise Pearson and Magnay may want a crack at the league. We also don't know how many players have clauses on their contracts. Several I guess.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
horsforthmariner
May 4, 2015, 10:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
1 year deal next season is what I would give him. Looks useful but he's not going to get us ££££ so why take the risk beyond 1 year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
BIGChris
May 5, 2015, 6:35am
Season Ticket Holder
IF we go up then I think I would pass on Chappell. Would need better IMO
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
HertsGTFC
May 5, 2015, 7:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from SamTheMariner
I suspect he'd offer 2/3 year deals to Pearson, Magnay and possibly Lenny as he trusts them, they are not injury prone, know the club. This would only occur though if we go up otherwise Pearson and Magnay may want a crack at the league. We also don't know how many players have clauses on their contracts. Several I guess.

Apart from Macca everyone else is up this summer so the clause issue does not matter. Pretty much agree with the above if we go up or not most would be offered a year.  

PH has been cute with his loanees Parslow - Not wanted by Russ Wilcox, Arnold - Cambridge deal up this summer, Chappell - Sounds like he's home sick for the North, Jolley - Deal up this summer, Gowling - Gone on record saying he wants to stay, Palmer - Not sure about his situation and possibly been in the shop window with his performances on BT on Sunday & versus Barnet. Gregor - At the back end of his career. All could be options who knows? Lets get the 17th out of the way first.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jordan Chappell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.