23 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 30, 2015, 10:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I like to hear the opposition manager whinging. Usually means they have lost.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 226
Rodley Mariner
April 30, 2015, 10:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Thought 2-1 was fair we were the better side but not by a mile. We dominated the first 20 and last 20 of the match.

Thought Eastleigh were a bunch of cheats and was ii me or was the grass really long, pretty much killing any chance of proper football?

I read a comment on their forum about Saturday's game which was along the lines of 'grass was long today, must be preparing it to be long for the Grimsby game. Pretty telling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 226
highcliff mariner
April 30, 2015, 10:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Hill ...wow what a sore loser
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 226
MeanwoodMariner
April 30, 2015, 10:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from highcliff mariner
Hill ...wow what a sore loser

Thought his interview was embarrassing, particularly when you compare it to the carefree joker that he portrayed before the game. I thought the ref was ok, perhaps slightly favoured Eastleigh, I never expected a rant like he gave about the official's not doing their job. He made one telling comment about having to "earn" some decisions. Not sure why he completely lost it with the guy he subbed either. Hurst wins this round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 226
ginnywings
April 30, 2015, 11:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I read a comment on their forum about Saturday's game which was along the lines of 'grass was long today, must be preparing it to be long for the Grimsby game. Pretty telling.

Says it all really. They knew the ball on the floor was to their disadvantage after we outplayed them twice during the season, so prepared the pitch for their aerial style of play. So that makes it an even better result, given we couldn't get the ball moving on the deck.

Hope we stuff 'em at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 226
arryarryarry
April 30, 2015, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Disappointed going on to Sunday with only a one goal advantage, should have been 3-0 up before they even threatened us.

Shaun Pearson outstanding, Disley had a great game too, not sure about Toto at right back though, he scares me at times.

Great goals by Arnold but I thought Mackreth was very poor and amazed that he lasted the full game. Brown wasn't that good either.
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 226
Teestogreen
April 30, 2015, 11:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club

Nathan Arnold said it himself post match, we do things the hard way.....we only played anything like a half decent football team for ten minutes and relied on two wonder strikes out of pretty much nothing to win the game....i dont recall either winger putting a cross into the box all night, i dont recall any passage of play where we put 4/5 passes together, yes we won....an improvement over previous attempts so progress but relying on being able to defend high balls isnt my idea of a game plan or a sustainable way of winning....thats why i answered the posted question of .....why still feeling disappointed?

This - Arnold scored 2 wonder goals (the 2nd one against the run of play) and Pearson was outstanding in a defensive performance (after the first 10 minutes), when really - Town should have been 3 or 4 goals up in the first 10 minutes and we're cruising the game. Why did Town surrender their obvious superiority to Eastleigh for vast amounts of this game? Well - it must have been Town's game plan. Town got away with the keeper's flapping and the right back's naivety in that position.

Town's game plan should have been to attack the opposition wholeheartedly, because they will hurt them - but to give this up after 10 minutes (after having the home team on the ropes) is ridiculous. This tie should have been over - but it isn't - and it is frustrating.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 226
Maringer
April 30, 2015, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
I'd have liked to have seen us play a lot better than that but can't complain too much as we got the victory. A couple of absolute belters from Arnold. Let's hope he's got a few more left in him this season!

Palmer, Mackreth and Brown were poor for me tonight and I'd personally expect to see Clay start on Sunday. Palmer might stay in for his height with their bombardment at set pieces, but I couldn't say he deserves his place on recent form and that really was a sitter missed early on tonight. Doubt that Chappel will replace Mackreth even though he had one of his worst games for some time for me.

I'm amazed that Hill went on about the referee like that - I thought he was pretty reasonable on the night and got an equal number of decisions wrong for either side! They might have had a penalty when McKeown stupidly shoved their player, but then LJL could have had two in a minute. The fact that the pundits/commentators didn't notice the blatant shove in the back for LJL's late chance despite watching several replays was pretty poor, as was allowing Hill to moan on and on without asking him why he was trying to get into an argument with his player on the bench!

I wonder if Hill's moaning was a bit of kidology, trying to influence the referee's decisions for the second leg?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 226
Rodley Mariner
April 30, 2015, 11:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from ginnywings

Says it all really. They knew the ball on the floor was to their disadvantage after we outplayed them twice during the season, so prepared the pitch for their aerial style of play. So that makes it an even better result, given we couldn't get the ball moving on the deck.

Hope we stuff 'em at BP.

Yeah and the way they referred to it made it evident it was pretty typical, run of the mill. We're hardly Arsenal are we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 226
AdamHaddock
April 30, 2015, 11:22pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32473544

Another interview (BBC). Apparently we, Bristol Rovers and Barnet are in the top 3 because of referees' decisions

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 226
23 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.