Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Craig Clay.

This thread currently has 4,371 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
April 28, 2015, 12:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
April 28, 2015, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
A classic example of why I hold The Fishy's opinion on football in such high regard.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
fleabag1970
April 28, 2015, 12:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Yep .... Right up there with " Disley is past it " and " Disley's legs have gone"

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Maringer
April 28, 2015, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,471
Gold Stars: 185
Plenty of egg on faces from that thread.

I guessed he'd be a bit-part, 4th choice midfielder, but he's made 40 appearances in the Conference and F.A. Cup and has been a starter in over three quarters of those games!

A competent enough player at this level though more goals/assists would have been nice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
jonnyboy82
April 28, 2015, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I'm more than happy to step forward and say I still think he is excrement.

Laters.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
moosey_club
April 28, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
"An astute signing is Clay.......LJL is instantly no longer the focus of everybodies attention and the sh1t can fly somewhere else, leaving him to relax and score thousands of goals."

My own words above from the original Clay has signed thread....almost right about the effect on LJL    

I am suprised he carried off that trophy, yes he has been a steady presence in the midfield and has dovetailed nicely with Disley but
I am extremely suprised he beat Nsiala to it, do we know if voting was restricted to people under 23 at the time of the presentation night?
Makreth and Nsiala have recently turned 23 so does that rule them out? If so Clay's competition for this award would have been..Draper, Bostock, Walker, Bemrose, Hamish and Chappel.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 28, 2015, 4:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It's not so much that he wasn't an OK player when he signed, it was more that we were in the "hairs on the back of your neck" stage at the time. So, Pittman & Clay as unknowns were very much a disappointment to supporters waiting for the big signing they were promised.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
April 28, 2015, 4:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
It's not so much that he wasn't an OK player when he signed, it was more that we were in the "hairs on the back of your neck" stage at the time. So, Pittman & Clay as unknowns were very much a disappointment to supporters waiting for the big signing they were promised.

Indeed. And of course people can only comment on what they see at the time can't they? What were people on here supposed to say - " Wow, fantastic, what a signing the Mainers have just made. Promotion will be assured now - Ive heard he is like Joe Waters and Lew Chatterley rolled into one..."

He has done well, no doubt about it but lets not get carried away.Why berate people for their opinions at the time? Football is all about opinions and all of us are just guessing aren't we? I remember being less than enthused when Alan Buckley was first appointed and made up when Newell was appointed but at the time both opinions were perfectly valid. The other alternative is not to comment till each player/manager has had several seasons to make sure our opinion is right.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
the driver
April 28, 2015, 5:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
I'm more than happy to step forward and say I still think he is excrement.

Laters.
It's my belief young sir what you know about football you could  write on the back of a stamp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
jonnyboy82
April 28, 2015, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Maybe.

It's not complicated after all is it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.