This thread currently has 4,631 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
oldun
April 16, 2015, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
One of the best town football anthems. It would certainly get the fans bouncing. It just has to played somehow. Why not try it out over the PA system at the Aldershot game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
OneLove
April 16, 2015, 5:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games. Keep your ears out for it, if anyone wants the lyrics I'll stick them on if needs be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Rodley Mariner
April 16, 2015, 5:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from OneLove
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games.

flipping hell was it? After that performance maybe it should be banned  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Marinerz93
April 16, 2015, 6:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from brad_gtfc
No chance of them playing it before a game as the bassist is banned from football.

If you know this then you also know that he was pushed onto the pitch as Town scored and it was the surge of Town fans that pushed him onto the pitch as he was stood near the open section of barriers.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
MarinerWY
April 16, 2015, 6:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I really like it. Footy songs in general tend to fall flat on their bottom, but this one is a decent song that doesn't have the usual footy song's cringey lyrics, good effort.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
FishOutOfWater
April 16, 2015, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
I'm an old fogey who grew up with music before the 90s so still stuck in a time warp of sorts but....I like it
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 28
FishOutOfWater
April 17, 2015, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I'm an old fogey who grew up with music before the 90s so still stuck in a time warp of sorts but....I like it

Thanks to whoever for the x

Is it awarded because I'm old or because I prefer music from more than 25 years ago or even because I like the fact that some folk are trying their best to promote the club - just asking like if you'd care to respond?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 28
Mrs Doyle
April 17, 2015, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from OneLove
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games. Keep your ears out for it, if anyone wants the lyrics I'll stick them on if needs be.

Be nice to see the lyrics even though they are quite distinctive and instantly easy to join in with like the catchy chorus "I'll dream black and White for you."

Great effort guys I hope it gets a good airing.

In fact I have been really impressed with the little video's by the club like the Shop one at Chrimbo the home is Blundell park and the recent ones We are town and the 12th man are excellent and the envy of a lot of clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
psgmariner
April 17, 2015, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Be nice to see the lyrics even though they are quite distinctive and instantly easy to join in with like the catchy chorus "I'll dream black and White for you."

Great effort guys I hope it gets a good airing.

In fact I have been really impressed with the little video's by the club like the Shop one at Chrimbo the home is Blundell park and the recent ones We are town and the 12th man are excellent and the envy of a lot of clubs.

Indeed. Unfortunately one of the main people behind all of the recent fantastic PR is leaving:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5370

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orphan Boy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.