Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 14, 2015, 7:55pm
Check out the new video from Orphan Boy.....Black and White(for you) A great anthem going into the play offs 😉
Posted by: lobsterpot, April 14, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 1
Already posted in the Great Goals thread mate about an hour ago scroll down  ;)
Posted by: OneLove, April 14, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 2
Heres a link to the actual version.

https://soundcloud.com/cleethorpes-skins/black-and-white-for-you

Buzzing to be apart of this and hopefully if the single does well, we see our youth get some money that they have been itching for, for a long time.

Release date and video to follow.

Up The Mariners!
Posted by: ponnyfan, April 14, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 3
Sorry ....didnt realise[url][/url]
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 14, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 4
I'm liking this a lot would be great hearing our fans join in best GTFC to date imho. Hope we can match that tempo in the play offs.
ENJOY  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kw_y7cKHFk#t=10
Posted by: OneLove, April 14, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 5
Thanks Mrs Doyle, we've done our best and made it anthem-sing along as possible. Hope everyone sings along to it when it gets played.
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 14, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 6
Tis a cracking tune!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 14, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 7
Id love to see them perform this live on the pitch at half time or before the match at the home play game ...G-up the crowd and all that.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 14, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 8
yeah get this tune going at the ground before the kick off along with the video on that big screen if that dont get people in the mood nothing will. You never know it could become OUR anthem away from home as well.

It's unique to us that's what makes it special.
Posted by: UTFM, April 15, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 9
Ace tune! This, along with OB's new album, will be on heavy rotation at my house this spring.
Posted by: UTFM, April 15, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Id love to see them perform this live on the pitch at half time or before the match at the home play game ...G-up the crowd and all that.

Great idea Wrawbz! I'd be more than fired up if they could belt this tune out live.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 15, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 11
Sort it for the home leg!!! Come On Orphan Boy
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 15, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 12
Hope they get this belting around the ground just before kick off with the big screen showing the goals should be ace. ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: brad_gtfc, April 16, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 13
No chance of them playing it before a game as the bassist is banned from football.
Posted by: Biccys, April 16, 2015, 2:23pm; Reply: 14
Yeah but it's only bass. Nobody listens to that anyway.... ;)
Posted by: bluebottle, April 16, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 15
It's all about de bass.
Posted by: OneLove, April 16, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 16
We was hoping this wouldn't come up but yes there is that niggle, and all for the sake of enjoying yourself at a game which is not allowed hardly anymore.

But this would be incredible to do before or at half time on the pitch.

The response so far has been brilliant from all local and surrounding radio stations (humberside at 11am tomorrow with bursny talking about it) to as far as field as a german tv program so its going to get better and better.

Nice piece in the tele wag today too!
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 16, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 17
Just listened to it great song will have to get to one of the gigs soon over this way.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 16, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from brad_gtfc
No chance of them playing it before a game as the bassist is banned from football.

Sorry if already been on here but just wondered what happened to Kenny Meech, the man accused of assaulting a steward with an inflatable shark at Barnet. He was bailed to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on March 23rd.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 16, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

Sorry if already been on here but just wondered what happened to Kenny Meech, the man accused of assaulting a steward with an inflatable shark at Barnet. He was bailed to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on March 23rd.

He's become the bassist in a local band called Orphan Boy.
Posted by: oldun, April 16, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 20
One of the best town football anthems. It would certainly get the fans bouncing. It just has to played somehow. Why not try it out over the PA system at the Aldershot game?
Posted by: OneLove, April 16, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 21
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games. Keep your ears out for it, if anyone wants the lyrics I'll stick them on if needs be.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 16, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from OneLove
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games.

flipping hell was it? After that performance maybe it should be banned  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 16, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from brad_gtfc

If you know this then you also know that he was pushed onto the pitch as Town scored and it was the surge of Town fans that pushed him onto the pitch as he was stood near the open section of barriers.
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 16, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 24
I really like it. Footy songs in general tend to fall flat on their bottom, but this one is a decent song that doesn't have the usual footy song's cringey lyrics, good effort.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 16, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 25
I'm an old fogey who grew up with music before the 90s so still stuck in a time warp of sorts but....I like it :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 17, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I'm an old fogey who grew up with music before the 90s so still stuck in a time warp of sorts but....I like it :)

Thanks to whoever for the x ;)

Is it awarded because I'm old or because I prefer music from more than 25 years ago or even because I like the fact that some folk are trying their best to promote the club - just asking like if you'd care to respond?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 17, 2015, 4:02pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from OneLove
I do believe it did get played against wrexham and will be for the foreseeable games. Keep your ears out for it, if anyone wants the lyrics I'll stick them on if needs be.

Be nice to see the lyrics even though they are quite distinctive and instantly easy to join in with like the catchy chorus "I'll dream black and White for you."

Great effort guys I hope it gets a good airing.

In fact I have been really impressed with the little video's by the club like the Shop one at Chrimbo the home is Blundell park and the recent ones We are town and the 12th man are excellent and the envy of a lot of clubs.

Posted by: psgmariner, April 17, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Be nice to see the lyrics even though they are quite distinctive and instantly easy to join in with like the catchy chorus "I'll dream black and White for you."

Great effort guys I hope it gets a good airing.

In fact I have been really impressed with the little video's by the club like the Shop one at Chrimbo the home is Blundell park and the recent ones We are town and the 12th man are excellent and the envy of a lot of clubs.

Indeed. Unfortunately one of the main people behind all of the recent fantastic PR is leaving:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5370
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:50am