3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
April 12, 2015, 9:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Did anyone at the game see what happened yesterday?

Hurst on the radio admitted he followed the ball so didn't see it. Late challenge? How late?  
Lot of frustration with the ref yesterday around me came from not seeing their worst challenges, and for needlessly stopping play for a non-injured Connor Jennings.
Guessing some main standers or pontoonites may have seen what happened with Robertson; not seen it mentioned on here.
(I sit in lower findus about as far away from the incident to our left back in first half as you can get...)

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
April 12, 2015, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
As I recall, this was the situation: Robertson played the ball forward to one of our players and went to run on in support. Their player had stumbled and was off balance so couldn't hope to keep up with him so either stepped back into Robertson as he was going past or stuck his leg out to trip him. It didn't look malicious to me and the injury was probably a bit unlucky, but it should certainly have been a booking for a cynical foul. The referee didn't see a thing as he was following play upfield and the linesman who was just a few yards away obviously forgot to wear his specs so failed to see anything either.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
chaos33
April 12, 2015, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I think his inury is a major worry and am crossing fingers for some good news - that the problem is minor. Inside of the knee is the area mentioned, so let's hope it's a bruise type issue and not a ligament, muscular twist/tear or meniscal injury that keeps him out for very long. I wouldn't want to be without him for the play offs as I think he's done really well in that position, To compound the concern, we'd probably be forced to move another of our most consistent performers (Magnay) out of position to cover the loss and bring in Parslow at RB, making us less balanced and solid defensively and somewhat less effective offensively. I think we'd cope, but it'd be a blow. Hurst stated that Gowling couldn't play at left back in case anyone was wondering. Tomorrow will perhaps bring an update on the injury.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
promotion plaice
April 12, 2015, 10:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
horsforthmariner
April 12, 2015, 11:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,614
oh dear this isn't good.

good luck Gregor hope it clears up quick!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Fcukthescunts
April 12, 2015, 11:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Fingers crossed he is fit for play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Youngy
April 13, 2015, 3:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Is it worth in the next few games trying Paddy again at left back? He did a decent job when playing there last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
gobby
April 13, 2015, 7:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Youngy
Is it worth in the next few games trying Paddy again at left back? He did a decent job when playing there last season

No.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
jimgtfc
April 13, 2015, 7:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,091
Gold Stars: 45
I had the same injury early on this season, took me 2 months to recover. I'd say that's it for gregor for this year.  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Garth
April 13, 2015, 8:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
If asked I am sure GR would tell all what exactly happened, being that he was closest to the incident
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Robertson injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.