Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Youth v Scunny Youth
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 197 Guests

GTFC Youth v Scunny Youth

This thread currently has 1,595 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BIGChris
April 11, 2015, 1:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
No, not another violence thread but about today's Youth team Derby.

Town continued their excellent run with a fully deserved 2-0 victory.

Since funding disappeared Town rely totally on local lads, and frankly they appear better than many teams that cast their net much wider. The last 2 weekends have seen the youngsters comfortably beat Youth teams from League one.

Great work ethic, play for one another and pass the ball well. Credit to the job Lamb as done since taking over
Private Message
chaos33
April 11, 2015, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Did Jack Pearson play in goal BC? If so, how did he do? He's my Godson.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
BIGChris
April 11, 2015, 5:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
The keeper did fine. Not sure of his name. Didn't have a lot to do tbh but his handling and talking were good.

Defensively, I like Josh Sumpter(?) very solid, brave and strong
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2015, 2:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I've seen many of the academy teams from under 10 to the juniors we seem to match more or less everyone we come up against. As for the coaches let's just say i prefer the younger lads who have got involved rather than some of the older ones who have taken courses but seem well short in lots of areas and seem to be on some sort of power trip.we haven't produced a player in a long long time I realise scunny and hull cherry pick are lads but even so ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
promotion plaice
April 12, 2015, 5:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I've seen many of the academy teams from under 10 to the juniors we seem to match more or less everyone we come up against. As for the coaches let's just say i prefer the younger lads who have got involved rather than some of the older ones who have taken courses but seem well short in lots of areas and seem to be on some sort of power trip.we haven't produced a player in a long long time I realise scunny and hull cherry pick are lads but even so ...

The Scunts cherry plcking our youth players, how times have changed. I can remember when we used to cherry pick their first team ( Kevin Kilmore ).

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
dapperz fun pub
April 12, 2015, 7:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Scunnys system is better funded than ours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
BIGChris
April 12, 2015, 7:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Scunnys system is better funded than ours

Of course it is, as is every football league clubs. £125k more which makes the recent run of results all the more pleasing IMO
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Tommy
April 13, 2015, 5:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Our youth team have had a fair bit of success in terms of results and even trophies in the last 7/8 years, but unfortunately the youth team isn't there to win trophies etc, it's primary aim is to produce players capable of playing for the first team. Hopefully we can start doing that.

Some of the things I've heard and seen at our academy system hasn't impressed me at all, and not just the "older" ones.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Youth v Scunny Youth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.