Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 11, 2015, 1:19pm
No, not another violence thread but about today's Youth team Derby.

Town continued their excellent run with a fully deserved 2-0 victory.

Since funding disappeared Town rely totally on local lads, and frankly they appear better than many teams that cast their net much wider. The last 2 weekends have seen the youngsters comfortably beat Youth teams from League one.

Great work ethic, play for one another and pass the ball well. Credit to the job Lamb as done since taking over
Posted by: chaos33, April 11, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 1
Did Jack Pearson play in goal BC? If so, how did he do? He's my Godson.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 11, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 2
The keeper did fine. Not sure of his name. Didn't have a lot to do tbh but his handling and talking were good.

Defensively, I like Josh Sumpter(?) very solid, brave and strong
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 12, 2015, 2:32pm; Reply: 3
I've seen many of the academy teams from under 10 to the juniors we seem to match more or less everyone we come up against. As for the coaches let's just say i prefer the younger lads who have got involved rather than some of the older ones who have taken courses but seem well short in lots of areas and seem to be on some sort of power trip.we haven't produced a player in a long long time I realise scunny and hull cherry pick are lads but even so ...
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 12, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I've seen many of the academy teams from under 10 to the juniors we seem to match more or less everyone we come up against. As for the coaches let's just say i prefer the younger lads who have got involved rather than some of the older ones who have taken courses but seem well short in lots of areas and seem to be on some sort of power trip.we haven't produced a player in a long long time I realise scunny and hull cherry pick are lads but even so ...

The Scunts cherry plcking our youth players, how times have changed. I can remember when we used to cherry pick their first team ( Kevin Kilmore ).

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 12, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 5
Scunnys system is better funded than ours
Posted by: BIGChris, April 12, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Scunnys system is better funded than ours

Of course it is, as is every football league clubs. £125k more which makes the recent run of results all the more pleasing IMO
Posted by: Tommy, April 13, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 7
Our youth team have had a fair bit of success in terms of results and even trophies in the last 7/8 years, but unfortunately the youth team isn't there to win trophies etc, it's primary aim is to produce players capable of playing for the first team. Hopefully we can start doing that.

Some of the things I've heard and seen at our academy system hasn't impressed me at all, and not just the "older" ones.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:16am