This thread currently has 1,480 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
April 2, 2015, 4:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Not the harbinger of doom but lets all remember that in a few days if things don't go as we want we could easily be readily preparing for the Play offs. I think the feel good factor we have currently is a good thing as we push on for automatic. If we miss out and need to try through the play offs lets keep this good vibe going and  the season however it finishes can be dissected at the end. All our easter eggs are in one basket at the moment. at the minute we have got ourselves in a position we never really expected. Just hoped for. For now that's all we could have asked 10 games ago.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
GyMariner
April 2, 2015, 5:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Totally agree, it's such a nervy end to the season! It's got to the point where whichever of the top 3 don't pick up maximim points over the weekend can count themselves out of the title race.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
bluebottle
April 2, 2015, 5:23pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Well said APT, we may not get what we all wish for ( automatic promotion ) but we will have a second bite at promotion through the play off system. I think this season, with the team, team spirit and support we stand a damn good chance of achieving our dream.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
grimsby pete
April 2, 2015, 6:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
We are one,

If we do not go up as champions,

We will be right behind the team in the play offs,

We are going up !!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
mariner tommy
April 2, 2015, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
We are one,

If we do not go up as champions,

We will be right behind the team in the play offs,

We are going up !!!!!

No play off games this season, we're going up as champions, I just feel it.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Mrs Doyle
April 2, 2015, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be perfectly honest I never honestly thought we would make up the huge points difference between us and Barnet,  that we did with STILL five crucial games over the easter bank hol's was down to sheer graft and determination.

The Momentum as grown and grown just like the bonding between the players and fans. Now I don't know about anyone else but for the club to be the talking point IN the town again is the most pleasing aspect of all.

I will wear my shirt and scarves with absolute pride on Saturday knowing these players will run through walls and if we don't go top it will not be down to lack of effort but things out of our control.

I expect to lose my voice this bank holiday for all the right reasons hopefully. It as been a long,long time since I felt like this about our team.

"UP THE MIGHTY  MARINERS"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just bear in mind

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.