Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, April 2, 2015, 4:59pm
Not the harbinger of doom but lets all remember that in a few days if things don't go as we want we could easily be readily preparing for the Play offs. I think the feel good factor we have currently is a good thing as we push on for automatic. If we miss out and need to try through the play offs lets keep this good vibe going and  the season however it finishes can be dissected at the end. All our easter eggs are in one basket at the moment. at the minute we have got ourselves in a position we never really expected. Just hoped for. For now that's all we could have asked 10 games ago.
Posted by: GyMariner, April 2, 2015, 5:14pm; Reply: 1
Totally agree, it's such a nervy end to the season! It's got to the point where whichever of the top 3 don't pick up maximim points over the weekend can count themselves out of the title race.
Posted by: bluebottle, April 2, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 2
Well said APT, we may not get what we all wish for ( automatic promotion ) but we will have a second bite at promotion through the play off system. I think this season, with the team, team spirit and support we stand a damn good chance of achieving our dream. :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 2, 2015, 6:35pm; Reply: 3
We are one,

If we do not go up as champions,

We will be right behind the team in the play offs,

We are going up !!!!!
Posted by: mariner tommy, April 2, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
We are one,

If we do not go up as champions,

We will be right behind the team in the play offs,

We are going up !!!!!

No play off games this season, we're going up as champions, I just feel it.

UTM
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 2, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 5
To be perfectly honest I never honestly thought we would make up the huge points difference between us and Barnet,  that we did with STILL five crucial games over the easter bank hol's was down to sheer graft and determination.

The Momentum as grown and grown just like the bonding between the players and fans. Now I don't know about anyone else but for the club to be the talking point IN the town again is the most pleasing aspect of all.

I will wear my shirt and scarves with absolute pride on Saturday knowing these players will run through walls and if we don't go top it will not be down to lack of effort but things out of our control.

I expect to lose my voice this bank holiday for all the right reasons hopefully. It as been a long,long time since I felt like this about our team.

"UP THE MIGHTY  MARINERS"  
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 12:25pm