This thread currently has 1,252 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 9, 2015, 8:16am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
By my reckoning the season is effectively over for a third of the division including "big" teams who had hopes of getting in the play-offs like Kidderminster, Gateshead and Wrexham. It's been a long time since we've had nothing much to play for thank God. Even if we don't get promoted at least we've had nine months of meaningful games to look back on.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Les Brechin
March 9, 2015, 9:28am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Torquay are the team who have surprised me the most. When they beat us 2-0 here earlier in the season they were probably one of the best teams I've seen since we've been at this level (especially in the first half), so it rather surprising to see their league position now. At the time I thought it would be them rather than Bristol who would be up there come the end of the season.

Maybe another reason why an extended run in the FA Trophy can affect your league form maybe, although it didn't seen to do York and Cambridge any harm in recent seasons.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Marinerz93
March 9, 2015, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Les Brechin
Torquay are the team who have surprised me the most. When they beat us 2-0 here earlier in the season they were probably one of the best teams I've seen since we've been at this level (especially in the first half), so it rather surprising to see their league position now. At the time I thought it would be them rather than Bristol who would be up there come the end of the season.

Maybe another reason why an extended run in the FA Trophy can affect your league form maybe, although it didn't seen to do York and Cambridge any harm in recent seasons.

When Cambridge first came down they finished 2nd two seasons in a row then dropped down the rankings until they got it right a few seasons later.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
forza ivano
March 9, 2015, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
not necessarily all over for gateshead - 4 games in hand on fgr and 12 points behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
LH
March 9, 2015, 5:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,515
Gold Stars: 173
Our win on Saturday ensured we will not be relegated this season.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Over for many teams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.