Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, March 9, 2015, 8:16am
By my reckoning the season is effectively over for a third of the division including "big" teams who had hopes of getting in the play-offs like Kidderminster, Gateshead and Wrexham. It's been a long time since we've had nothing much to play for thank God. Even if we don't get promoted at least we've had nine months of meaningful games to look back on.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 9, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 1
Torquay are the team who have surprised me the most. When they beat us 2-0 here earlier in the season they were probably one of the best teams I've seen since we've been at this level (especially in the first half), so it rather surprising to see their league position now. At the time I thought it would be them rather than Bristol who would be up there come the end of the season.

Maybe another reason why an extended run in the FA Trophy can affect your league form maybe, although it didn't seen to do York and Cambridge any harm in recent seasons.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 9, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin
Torquay are the team who have surprised me the most. When they beat us 2-0 here earlier in the season they were probably one of the best teams I've seen since we've been at this level (especially in the first half), so it rather surprising to see their league position now. At the time I thought it would be them rather than Bristol who would be up there come the end of the season.

Maybe another reason why an extended run in the FA Trophy can affect your league form maybe, although it didn't seen to do York and Cambridge any harm in recent seasons.

When Cambridge first came down they finished 2nd two seasons in a row then dropped down the rankings until they got it right a few seasons later.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 9, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 3
not necessarily all over for gateshead - 4 games in hand on fgr and 12 points behind
Posted by: LH, March 9, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 4
Our win on Saturday ensured we will not be relegated this season.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:40pm