This thread currently has 3,715 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Kymariner12
March 2, 2015, 10:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
Just seen it on this is grimsby website. Great cross and equally good header, he really is an invaluable member of the team. It also shows the goal mouth scramble for Braintree, how they didn't score is unbelievable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
March 2, 2015, 10:49am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
#vandisley
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
psgmariner
March 2, 2015, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Did their early chance cross the line? A post on the Braintree forum suggested it did when the replay was slowed down.

I will never know how they didn't score then.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
cmackenzie4
March 2, 2015, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Cracking goal and brilliant lofted pass by Magnay, they showed how invaluable them two are, My son and me got a cracking view of the goal from the Lower Findus too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
ackomariner
March 2, 2015, 11:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from psgmariner
Did their early chance cross the line? A post on the Braintree forum suggested it did when the replay was slowed down.

I will never know how they didn't score then.

I was about twenty feet away in the pontoon, and it was on the line, not over it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Garth
March 2, 2015, 11:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ackomariner

I was about twenty feet away in the pontoon, and it was on the line, not over it

Even closer in the Pontoon, ball never went over the line only inches in it though and Toto made a huge block when it was dug out and came back again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
FishOutOfWater
March 2, 2015, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Even closer in the Pontoon, ball never went over the line only inches in it though and Toto made a huge block when it was dug out and came back again

From where I was sitting in the Pontoon it was certainly too close for comfort but hand on heart, from my view, I really don't believe the whole of the ball went over the line. The slightest pressure the wrong way and it might have gone in though...a really close call

Did anyone see the Burnley own goal over the weekend by the way...very similar circumstances to our goal line shenanigans except they conceded despite it bobbling around on the line

Funny how with us it was on more or less the same spot  that Scott Brown did more or less the same thing for us against Dover but on that occasion we were hoping it would go over and not just stick on the line...sometimes it falls for us and sometimes not

Those are the fine margins that we have to deal with....never straightforward with Town though is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 17
Nelly GTFC
March 2, 2015, 12:47pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
[youtube]xwe6S0-djaY[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
mimma
March 2, 2015, 3:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
It should have been a goal but their player blasted it over the bar from the six yard line.

Don't blame the ref for not giving it because he has to be absolutely certain it is over to give it. Blame the idiot who missed the sitter following it, if he scored there wouldn't be an argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
FishOutOfWater
March 2, 2015, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mimma
It should have been a goal but their player blasted it over the bar from the six yard line.

Don't blame the ref for not giving it because he has to be absolutely certain it is over to give it. Blame the idiot who missed the sitter following it, if he scored there wouldn't be an argument.

The last effort reminded me a bit of that last gasp chance that Hannah had against Brizzle...he too should have scored imho

Once again though it shows things really do seem to even themselves out over the course of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disleys goal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.