2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 2, 2015, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I thought it was a heck of a lot easier than Hannah's chance to tell the truth. Still, I'm not going to complain too much whenever an opposition player smacks the ball over the bar when they should really score!

If I remember correctly, the chance was skied by their Number 8 who otherwise looked like a pretty accomplished player so I'm surprised he fluffed it.

Of course, the whole goalmouth scramble and subsequent miss only came about because of another one of those Toto moments. Looks to be in complete charge of a situation then does something bizarrely ridiculous to present the opposition with a chance. His concentration levels remind me of Simon Ford who could similarly go from the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of seconds.

Back onto the main topic, that pass from Magnay and header from Disley looks even better than I remember in the linked footage. A pity we can't manage a few more of these moments of real quality in matches!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
cmackenzie4
March 2, 2015, 4:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
"That really is a goal"  . brilliant commentary!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Les Brechin
March 2, 2015, 4:28pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
I wonder if Magnay's ball would have been as accurate if he hadn't fallen on his bottom when he kicked it.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
gary_elton
March 2, 2015, 6:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
stop it Les... he knew what he was doing , just wanted to sit and admire it...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
ginnywings
March 2, 2015, 9:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Maringer
I thought it was a heck of a lot easier than Hannah's chance to tell the truth. Still, I'm not going to complain too much whenever an opposition player smacks the ball over the bar when they should really score!

If I remember correctly, the chance was skied by their Number 8 who otherwise looked like a pretty accomplished player so I'm surprised he fluffed it.

Of course, the whole goalmouth scramble and subsequent miss only came about because of another one of those Toto moments. Looks to be in complete charge of a situation then does something bizarrely ridiculous to present the opposition with a chance. His concentration levels remind me of Simon Ford who could similarly go from the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of seconds.

Back onto the main topic, that pass from Magnay and header from Disley looks even better than I remember in the linked footage. A pity we can't manage a few more of these moments of real quality in matches!

A few teams have tried to sign him so it seems but he has a good job and prefers to stay part time, so i was told on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Maringer
March 2, 2015, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
A southern Damien Reeves, obviously.  

Decent scoring record for a midfielder as well (and he scored in the unmentionable game a few seasons back), which makes it all the better that he missed the sitter on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2015, 10:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Cracking goal and a great ball from Kaiser Karl the Magnayficent.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Kymariner12
March 3, 2015, 12:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
When the shop missed from 3 yards or so on the opening day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disleys goal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.