1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Jaws
March 1, 2015, 12:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I know I sit in the left-side of the pontoon and should expect it but the place seemed liked a creche today, pre-pubescent kids running about everywhere. I know we say these are the supporters of the future, but these free kid days don't get these kids coming back; a lot of people were put off by it around me.

The real target audience for offers should be the 18-24 range, the people that probably aren't turning up due to the cost but are building themselves a future/career and will maybe choose to become regulars once they get stable full-time jobs. You go out on a Friday/Saturday night in the more expensive bars in Cleethorpes and it's the mid-twenties who have enough money to urinate up the wall paying £4 a pint or buying fancy Grey Goose Vodka (what was wrong with Morrinov?!) - these are the people who will sign the petition, I doubt many 8 year olds have.

My two cents - I am sure others will disagree.

Private Message
GYinScuntland
March 1, 2015, 11:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Jaws
I know I sit in the left-side of the pontoon and should expect it but the place seemed liked a creche today, pre-pubescent kids running about everywhere. I know we say these are the supporters of the future, but these free kid days don't get these kids coming back; a lot of people were put off by it around me.

The real target audience for offers should be the 18-24 range, the people that probably aren't turning up due to the cost but are building themselves a future/career and will maybe choose to become regulars once they get stable full-time jobs. You go out on a Friday/Saturday night in the more expensive bars in Cleethorpes and it's the mid-twenties who have enough money to urinate up the wall paying £4 a pint or buying fancy Grey Goose Vodka (what was wrong with Morrinov?!) - these are the people who will sign the petition, I doubt many 8 year olds have.

I have to agree. Must have been 12 years or more when me and two mates had seasos in the Ponny, it was a night game and the bloke in front had a baby in his arms. He actually told us to quieten down as it was tryin trying to sleep then went and complained to a steward who asked us the same. We transferred our tickets to the upper that very day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
KingstonMariner
March 1, 2015, 11:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I have to agree. Must have been 12 years or more when me and two mates had seasos in the Ponny, it was a night game and the bloke in front had a baby in his arms. He actually told us to quieten down as it was tryin trying to sleep then went and complained to a steward who asked us the same. We transferred our tickets to the upper that very day.

Unbelievable! That reminds of of those people who move to the countryside and then complain about animal noises and smells.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Tinymariner
March 1, 2015, 11:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Unbelievable! That reminds of of those people who move to the countryside and then complain about animal noises and smells.

Animal noises and smells? Yeah , that's the Ponny

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
LH
March 1, 2015, 11:51am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
The 18-24 range don't go because they don't want to see Town win 1-0 every game because it's not entertaining enough.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Marinerz93
March 1, 2015, 12:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Jaws

I would partially agree but the target age is all ages, it should be more diverse, bring a mate, spouse, basically family member or friend.

On to Vodka, a Russian I was speaking to whilst looking to buy some Vodka said Green Mark was smoother than Russian Standard and best served chilled. He also said that value for money / taste it wins hand down or bottom up if you want a pun  

As for Grey Goose, the French mock our wine, just think what the Russians think of the frogs Vodka  .

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.