Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jaws, March 1, 2015, 12:09am
I know I sit in the left-side of the pontoon and should expect it but the place seemed liked a creche today, pre-pubescent kids running about everywhere. I know we say these are the supporters of the future, but these free kid days don't get these kids coming back; a lot of people were put off by it around me.

The real target audience for offers should be the 18-24 range, the people that probably aren't turning up due to the cost but are building themselves a future/career and will maybe choose to become regulars once they get stable full-time jobs. You go out on a Friday/Saturday night in the more expensive bars in Cleethorpes and it's the mid-twenties who have enough money to urinate up the wall paying £4 a pint or buying fancy Grey Goose Vodka (what was wrong with Morrinov?!) - these are the people who will sign the petition, I doubt many 8 year olds have.

My two cents - I am sure others will disagree.

Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 1, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jaws
I know I sit in the left-side of the pontoon and should expect it but the place seemed liked a creche today, pre-pubescent kids running about everywhere. I know we say these are the supporters of the future, but these free kid days don't get these kids coming back; a lot of people were put off by it around me.

The real target audience for offers should be the 18-24 range, the people that probably aren't turning up due to the cost but are building themselves a future/career and will maybe choose to become regulars once they get stable full-time jobs. You go out on a Friday/Saturday night in the more expensive bars in Cleethorpes and it's the mid-twenties who have enough money to urinate up the wall paying £4 a pint or buying fancy Grey Goose Vodka (what was wrong with Morrinov?!) - these are the people who will sign the petition, I doubt many 8 year olds have.

I have to agree. Must have been 12 years or more when me and two mates had seasos in the Ponny, it was a night game and the bloke in front had a baby in his arms. He actually told us to quieten down as it was tryin trying to sleep then went and complained to a steward who asked us the same. We transferred our tickets to the upper that very day.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 1, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 2
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I have to agree. Must have been 12 years or more when me and two mates had seasos in the Ponny, it was a night game and the bloke in front had a baby in his arms. He actually told us to quieten down as it was tryin trying to sleep then went and complained to a steward who asked us the same. We transferred our tickets to the upper that very day.

Unbelievable! That reminds of of those people who move to the countryside and then complain about animal noises and smells.
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 1, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Unbelievable! That reminds of of those people who move to the countryside and then complain about animal noises and smells.

Animal noises and smells? Yeah , that's the Ponny ;)
Posted by: LH, March 1, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 4
The 18-24 range don't go because they don't want to see Town win 1-0 every game because it's not entertaining enough.  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 1, 2015, 12:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jaws

I would partially agree but the target age is all ages, it should be more diverse, bring a mate, spouse, basically family member or friend.

On to Vodka, a Russian I was speaking to whilst looking to buy some Vodka said Green Mark was smoother than Russian Standard and best served chilled. He also said that value for money / taste it wins hand down or bottom up if you want a pun  ;D

As for Grey Goose, the French mock our wine, just think what the Russians think of the frogs Vodka  ;).
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 4:53am