3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
February 23, 2015, 11:55am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from BIGChris
As our fans team were quoted £60 for their share of the pitch hire for a game on Saturday they must be making some profit!! I was told that our lads refused to pay that sort of of money and the game didnt go ahead (there may have been other reasons too but cost was certainly a significant factor)

The full fees for us to play them in the morning would have been £150 (£120 pitch and £30 for the ref).

Ridiculously over priced when you think that it is 90 minutes of football - effectively £7 each if you only have 11 men per team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
MeanwoodMariner
February 23, 2015, 12:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from BIGChris

I thought I read somewhere that they make buggar all as they don't own it and are desperately trying to get back to a new ground in the Borough of a Barnet??

(Or did I dream that?)

If you did dream it then you have pretty strange and boring dreams  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
BeesKnees
February 23, 2015, 12:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
Those grass pitches are used by several professional teams and aren't really like regular park pitches.  The normal price for a match on them is £440.  International and European clubs who are playing at Wembley use them.  

http://thehivelondon.com/football-centre/pitch-hire-prices/

I guess they are priced to prevent over use and provide high quality facilities for professional teams. As they are used less often than most pitches then the cost has to be higher to cover maintenance.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
moosey_club
February 23, 2015, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BIGChris
As our fans team were quoted £60 for their share of the pitch hire for a game on Saturday they must be making some profit!! I was told that our lads refused to pay that sort of of money and the game didnt go ahead (there may have been other reasons too but cost was certainly a significant factor)

To be fair BC perhaps they were just joining in the spirit of the day and "inflated" the prices    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
BIGChris
February 23, 2015, 1:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from BeesKnees
Those grass pitches are used by several professional teams and aren't really like regular park pitches.  The normal price for a match on them is £440.  International and European clubs who are playing at Wembley use them.  

http://thehivelondon.com/football-centre/pitch-hire-prices/

I guess they are priced to prevent over use and provide high quality facilities for professional teams. As they are used less often than most pitches then the cost has to be higher to cover maintenance.  

This was for the Barnet FC fans team to play there.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
aldi_01
February 23, 2015, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
A ground like The Hive is ok as a community venture but personally any professional club that has any aspirations of moving forward and going through the leagues that builds a ground like the Hive is very short sighted. It isn't a great ground and has a very low capacity.

There are issues with the ground and as mentioned previously there are underlying issues regarding the biggest stand and with the club not being entirely happy at playing there.
BC has covered most of it as have others. It's certainly better than underhill though.

I'd certainly be gutted if that's what we end up with eventually.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
BeesKnees
February 23, 2015, 10:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
Sadly the East stand and the end terraces were not built by Barnet.  They were inherited when the club took over the lease from the Council.  Eventually the end terraces will be replaced, exec boxes put in above the East stand seating and the West stand extended to make the stadium a 10k all seater.

Figures crossed it will no longer be Barnet FCs home by then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Hive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.