Private Message
Belfast Town
February 16, 2015, 10:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
"Looking back to Saturday's game against Bristol Rovers, Town played as well as I've seen them do recently, but they just weren't as good as the opposition. Only Nathan Arnold looked threatening in attack and, of course, Carl the Magnayficent was his usual faultless self. The rest looked like non-League players trying hard. Cod Almighty's match reporter sums it up: some enthusiastic amateurs beaten by sly pros. My hope now is that Rovers overtake Barnet and go up as champions – meeting them again in the play-offs would definitely consign us to another season in non-League.

And for God's sake, Town, offer Magnay a five-year contract before someone else does.
"

Devastatingly accurate I fear!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
arryarryarry
February 16, 2015, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Belfast Town
"Looking back to Saturday's game against Bristol Rovers, Town played as well as I've seen them do recently, but they just weren't as good as the opposition. Only Nathan Arnold looked threatening in attack and, of course, Carl the Magnayficent was his usual faultless self. The rest looked like non-League players trying hard. Cod Almighty's match reporter sums it up: some enthusiastic amateurs beaten by sly pros. My hope now is that Rovers overtake Barnet and go up as champions – meeting them again in the play-offs would definitely consign us to another season in non-League.

And for God's sake, Town, offer Magnay a five-year contract before someone else does.
"

Mmmm not sure about the comment about Nathan Arnold, did the writer confuse him with a FGR steward?

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2015, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,864
Gold Stars: 42
Arnold plays like Neilson did, and Mackreth sometimes does, in that run with the ball without looking up to see where teammates are.  

Invariably, they lose the ball as the opposition surround them.  Ironically, if they did pass the ball our player would probably be in space because the opposition are around  Arnold etc.  There is also a lack of football intelligence, even for our level.  

Interesting the comment above about Rovers playing like "sly Pro's".    Crawley and Fleetwood played with similar tactics when they both won 1-0 here - and went up as champs.   Maybe the team and Hurst need to be meaner, sly and mentally tougher to get promoted.  We were certainly lacking in the last 2 playoffs.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
BIGChris
February 17, 2015, 6:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Belfast Town

"

Couldn't take it seriously after the highlighted bit. I assume the writer hasn't seen Town for a long time

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
DocTower
February 17, 2015, 7:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Always found Cod give a measured assessment , this report again sums up very eloquently what Hurst has done to our team as I have said before . A bunch of grafters , no flare . Change ?  Yes if we are to survive as a football club , fans can't take it anymore .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
lukeo
February 17, 2015, 8:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,366
Gold Stars: 144
I thought at FGR Arnold was class and put in some very good crosses, especially in the first half.. Although it did take me until the 30th minute to know it was him and not Jolley who was invisible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2015, 9:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DocTower
Always found Cod give a measured assessment , this report again sums up very eloquently what Hurst has done to our team as I have said before . A bunch of grafters , no flare . Change ?  Yes if we are to survive as a football club , fans can't take it anymore .

Depends on the writer/diarist that day.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
DocTower
February 17, 2015, 2:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Depends on the writer/diarist that day.

The same could be said of this forum too . Fishy is far the busiest .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
promotion plaice
February 17, 2015, 9:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,010
Gold Stars: 194

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cod Almighty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.