Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Vance Warner, February 16, 2015, 10:03pm
Good article here, the way we 'support' our team has definitely changed

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5302
Posted by: Belfast Town, February 16, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 1
"Looking back to Saturday's game against Bristol Rovers, Town played as well as I've seen them do recently, but they just weren't as good as the opposition. Only Nathan Arnold looked threatening in attack and, of course, Carl the Magnayficent was his usual faultless self. The rest looked like non-League players trying hard. Cod Almighty's match reporter sums it up: some enthusiastic amateurs beaten by sly pros. My hope now is that Rovers overtake Barnet and go up as champions – meeting them again in the play-offs would definitely consign us to another season in non-League.

And for God's sake, Town, offer Magnay a five-year contract before someone else does.
"

Devastatingly accurate I fear!
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 16, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Belfast Town
"Looking back to Saturday's game against Bristol Rovers, Town played as well as I've seen them do recently, but they just weren't as good as the opposition. Only Nathan Arnold looked threatening in attack and, of course, Carl the Magnayficent was his usual faultless self. The rest looked like non-League players trying hard. Cod Almighty's match reporter sums it up: some enthusiastic amateurs beaten by sly pros. My hope now is that Rovers overtake Barnet and go up as champions – meeting them again in the play-offs would definitely consign us to another season in non-League.

And for God's sake, Town, offer Magnay a five-year contract before someone else does.
"

Mmmm not sure about the comment about Nathan Arnold, did the writer confuse him with a FGR steward?

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 16, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 3
Arnold plays like Neilson did, and Mackreth sometimes does, in that run with the ball without looking up to see where teammates are.  

Invariably, they lose the ball as the opposition surround them.  Ironically, if they did pass the ball our player would probably be in space because the opposition are around  Arnold etc.  There is also a lack of football intelligence, even for our level.  

Interesting the comment above about Rovers playing like "sly Pro's".    Crawley and Fleetwood played with similar tactics when they both won 1-0 here - and went up as champs.   Maybe the team and Hurst need to be meaner, sly and mentally tougher to get promoted.  We were certainly lacking in the last 2 playoffs.    
Posted by: BIGChris, February 17, 2015, 6:57am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Belfast Town

"

Couldn't take it seriously after the highlighted bit. I assume the writer hasn't seen Town for a long time

Posted by: DocTower, February 17, 2015, 7:41am; Reply: 5
Always found Cod give a measured assessment , this report again sums up very eloquently what Hurst has done to our team as I have said before . A bunch of grafters , no flare . Change ?  Yes if we are to survive as a football club , fans can't take it anymore .
Posted by: lukeo, February 17, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 6
I thought at FGR Arnold was class and put in some very good crosses, especially in the first half.. Although it did take me until the 30th minute to know it was him and not Jolley who was invisible :B
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 17, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 7
Quoted from DocTower
Always found Cod give a measured assessment , this report again sums up very eloquently what Hurst has done to our team as I have said before . A bunch of grafters , no flare . Change ?  Yes if we are to survive as a football club , fans can't take it anymore .

Depends on the writer/diarist that day.
Posted by: DocTower, February 17, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Depends on the writer/diarist that day.

The same could be said of this forum too . Fishy is far the busiest .
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 17, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 9
http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5292

Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 3:36pm