Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for Hamish ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 106 Guests

Is it time for Hamish ?

This thread currently has 6,756 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 15, 2015, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,993
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from grimsby pete
If Palmer is still injured for the Barnet game,

Should Hurst start with Hamish ?

Jolley did not work and Hannah keeps missing chances,

So lets see what Watson can do please Paul,

Another thing might be put LJL on the wing and play both Hamish and Palmer if fit,

Thoughts ?

All that really matters is what Hurst is likely to do, and he's more likely to wear a grass skirt on Saturday than move LJL to the wing and play 3 up front.
In all likelihood, he will do very little. You could argue the case for replacing or moving Clay, Arnold, Jolley, LJL, Mackreth but he probably won't. Hamish should probably be given a chance, as should McLaughlin, but they might get a few minutes if they're lucky. Palmer will be back in if fit, as will Brown, and if not...expect pretty much the same system and team I'd say.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
SamTheMariner
February 15, 2015, 10:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
In my opinion the side would look a lot stronger with Aza and a fully firing Neilson in it. If those two had stayed we should have signed Palmer and left the other two at home. Personally I don't why everyone says "Hannah has lost it" or "Give Hannah a few games". Look at it. Missed 2 sitters in a week, scores but is offside, which is unacceptable, surely a professional footballer should be able to time their runs better. Lenny is probably a better finisher and he is stronger, links the play better, quicker, better in the air, holds the ball.up well, and scares defenders skinless. Pittman and Palmer are also better at everything than Hannah and Hamish looks better in the air and a cleverer footballer than Hannah. What is the point of him?

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
SamTheMariner
February 15, 2015, 10:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
If all are fit play,

McKeown

Magnay
Toto
Pearson
Robertson

MacKreth
Disley
Brown
Arnold

Lenny
Palmer

Bench: Parslow, McLaughlin, Jolley, Pittman, Watson.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Maringer
February 15, 2015, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Watson has certainly shown a few good touches in the brief time he has had on the pitch but, from what Hurst has said, they don't seem to think his fitness is up to the mark and he'll obviously be pretty inexperienced as regards the game in this country.

That said, you'd still think he ought to be given half an hour somewhere at some point to see how he does. Let's hope we're coasting at 3-0 up in a game before too long so he can be called on to take a chance!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Abdul19
February 15, 2015, 11:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,591
Gold Stars: 219
How long does it take to get fit though? He looked about as fit as your average bloke from the pub before the Guiseley game but that was nearly 4 months ago. Not having a reserve team (or not playing him in the trophy) probably doesn't help I suppose.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
cmackenzie4
February 16, 2015, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Why sign players and very rarely play them? Baffles me!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
DocTower
February 16, 2015, 12:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Loosing faith very rapidly  with it all . We all have ideas of who we would like to see and the formations to play , changing things at half time and when to bring subs on . However we aren't  the manager , but when it's so blindingly obvious to the majority fans I start questioning  my loyalty and sanity of to why I put myself through the ringer week in week out .
We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but ,  being a paying customer I just want value for money .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
rancido
February 16, 2015, 1:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,651
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from SamTheMariner
In my opinion the side would look a lot stronger with Aza and a fully firing Neilson in it. If those two had stayed we should have signed Palmer and left the other two at home. Personally I don't why everyone says "Hannah has lost it" or "Give Hannah a few games". Look at it. Missed 2 sitters in a week, scores but is offside, which is unacceptable, surely a professional footballer should be able to time their runs better. Lenny is probably a better finisher and he is stronger, links the play better, quicker, better in the air, holds the ball.up well, and scares defenders skinless. Pittman and Palmer are also better at everything than Hannah and Hamish looks better in the air and a cleverer footballer than Hannah. What is the point of him?

Unfortunately we didn't see enough examples of " a fully firing Neilson ". Both he and Aza started to lose interest and that was nothing to do with selection but their own personal attitudes.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
grimsby pete
February 16, 2015, 2:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
We have got to take advantage of Barnet being without Akinde,

We have to play 2 strikers, LJL will be one,

I would like the other to be Palmer but if he is unfit then Hamish,

Failing that start with Hannah and take him off at half time,

When  he has missed 3 easy chances and been offside 20 times,

Then bring Hamish on for the 2nd half.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
Maringer
February 16, 2015, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I'd have thought LJL/Hannah will be the starting pairing, assuming that Palmer and Pittman aren't fit.

If that doesn't work out, it would be nice to see Watson getting 30 minutes or so, but that seems unlikely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for Hamish ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.