This thread currently has 1,781 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 8, 2015, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Good to see North Ferriby in the semi final of the FA Trophy. Hope they get to the final and make a few quid. Still think it kind of shows though why we should leave it alone.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
grimsby pete
February 8, 2015, 7:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
It could be a North Ferriby  v  Bath final, wow !!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
GrimRob
February 8, 2015, 7:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Less than 4000 people live in North Ferriby. Be interesting how many tickets they would sell given that Blundell Park could comfortably contain the entire population.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 7
jaymariner
February 8, 2015, 8:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
Quoted from GrimRob
Less than 4000 people live in North Ferriby. Be interesting how many tickets they would sell given that Blundell Park could comfortably contain the entire population.

They would take a few thousand hull 'fans'.

I think this could be yet another nail in the coffin of our relationship with bbc humberside, they would already choose North ferriby over us if they could IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2015, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,662
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from jaymariner

They would take a few thousand hull 'fans'.

I think this could be yet another nail in the coffin of our relationship with bbc humberside, they would already choose North ferriby over us if they could IMO

On the contrary, I think BBC Radio Humberside have been very fair. They have to cover a team in the Premier League, a team in League 1 and ourselves. They cover all our games - even the away games in the FA Trophy (!) and always report if anything is going on at the club. If I was them, given the way our esteemed leader has goaded them over the years, and indeed the way he gave Compass FM the match day commentaries (which is one of the worst of his many flawed decisions) I would give us a lot less coverage than we get. Fair play to them I say.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
arryarryarry
February 8, 2015, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

On the contrary, I think BBC Radio Humberside have been very fair. They have to cover a team in the Premier League, a team in League 1 and ourselves. They cover all our games - even the away games in the FA Trophy (!) and always report if anything is going on at the club. If I was them, given the way our esteemed leader has goaded them over the years, and indeed the way he gave Compass FM the match day commentaries (which is one of the worst of his many flawed decisions) I would give us a lot less coverage than we get. Fair play to them I say.

Agree and I think Saturday's commentator was the guy who used to do it for Compass and pretty poor it was, half the time he didn't have a clue what was going on, couldn't see who scored our goal when on the highlights it was pretty clear and for their winner he had Pearson making the pass when it was Disley.

I would also add that looking at other clubs forums they do get anywhere near the same coverage as we do and many post links to RH so that they can listen to a commentary.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Les Brechin
February 10, 2015, 9:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Bath City beat Dover tonight so a good chance for NFU to make the final.

Wrexham won at Halifax tonight and play Torquay in the other semi-final.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
diehardmariner
February 11, 2015, 8:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
We're very lucky with Humberside.  A lot of Football League clubs don't get anywhere near the level of coverage we do, especially with two far higher placed clubs also catered for.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › North Ferriby United

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.