Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, February 8, 2015, 7:00pm
Good to see North Ferriby in the semi final of the FA Trophy. Hope they get to the final and make a few quid. Still think it kind of shows though why we should leave it alone.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 8, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 1
It could be a North Ferriby  v  Bath final, wow !!!!
Posted by: GrimRob, February 8, 2015, 7:07pm; Reply: 2
Less than 4000 people live in North Ferriby. Be interesting how many tickets they would sell given that Blundell Park could comfortably contain the entire population.
Posted by: jaymariner, February 8, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
Less than 4000 people live in North Ferriby. Be interesting how many tickets they would sell given that Blundell Park could comfortably contain the entire population.

They would take a few thousand hull 'fans'.

I think this could be yet another nail in the coffin of our relationship with bbc humberside, they would already choose North ferriby over us if they could IMO
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 8, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jaymariner

They would take a few thousand hull 'fans'.

I think this could be yet another nail in the coffin of our relationship with bbc humberside, they would already choose North ferriby over us if they could IMO

On the contrary, I think BBC Radio Humberside have been very fair. They have to cover a team in the Premier League, a team in League 1 and ourselves. They cover all our games - even the away games in the FA Trophy (!) and always report if anything is going on at the club. If I was them, given the way our esteemed leader has goaded them over the years, and indeed the way he gave Compass FM the match day commentaries (which is one of the worst of his many flawed decisions) I would give us a lot less coverage than we get. Fair play to them I say.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 8, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 5

On the contrary, I think BBC Radio Humberside have been very fair. They have to cover a team in the Premier League, a team in League 1 and ourselves. They cover all our games - even the away games in the FA Trophy (!) and always report if anything is going on at the club. If I was them, given the way our esteemed leader has goaded them over the years, and indeed the way he gave Compass FM the match day commentaries (which is one of the worst of his many flawed decisions) I would give us a lot less coverage than we get. Fair play to them I say.

Agree and I think Saturday's commentator was the guy who used to do it for Compass and pretty poor it was, half the time he didn't have a clue what was going on, couldn't see who scored our goal when on the highlights it was pretty clear and for their winner he had Pearson making the pass when it was Disley.

I would also add that looking at other clubs forums they do get anywhere near the same coverage as we do and many post links to RH so that they can listen to a commentary.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 10, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 6
Bath City beat Dover tonight so a good chance for NFU to make the final.

Wrexham won at Halifax tonight and play Torquay in the other semi-final.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 11, 2015, 8:59am; Reply: 7
We're very lucky with Humberside.  A lot of Football League clubs don't get anywhere near the level of coverage we do, especially with two far higher placed clubs also catered for.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:04am