Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not over yet!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 186 Guests

Not over yet!

This thread currently has 4,931 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 8, 2015, 12:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Looking through respective fixtures, I still give us a chance of the title. Yes, yesterday was a disappointment but wins against the top 2 on the next two Saturdays would make the league table look a lot different. I'm sure if we'd held on for a point yesterday, we wouldn't be saying it was over, would we?
Private Message
Madeleymariner
February 8, 2015, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Utter tosh I'm afraid, yesterdays performance showed exactly why it is over and the playoff lottery beckons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
grimsby pete
February 8, 2015, 12:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Good to see you have been taking the positivity pills mate,

I think it will very difficult to win the title now ,

BUT

Not impossible,

We need to go on a good run with the others dropping a few points.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
LH
February 8, 2015, 12:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
It isn't over until we mathematically can't do it. It is better for us to go all out to win it and generate some momentum towards the end of the season should we have to achieve promotion via the play offs. Important to get a win next Saturday to get back on the horse.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
GrimRob
February 8, 2015, 12:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Course it's not over, our run-in is not that hard even if we don't pick up maximum points in the next two games we could still do it

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 24
ginnywings
February 8, 2015, 1:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
We have consistently failed to close the gap on Barnet. We are as far behind them now as we have ever been and there is less games to go.

Every week we have "if we do this and beat them and they lose to them and we win our games in hand, we can still do it". All ifs and buts. Expecting Hurst to "go for it" aint gonna happen. He's already talking about the play offs, just as he did this time last year and the year before. Unless and until he sorts out our lack of goals, we will always be a play off side at best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
lukeo
February 8, 2015, 1:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
3 games i've seen we've been average. I am staying positive and aslong as we go up i don't care how we do it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
cleethorpes_mariner
February 8, 2015, 1:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Our form over the season would say we are playoffs at best but I would like to think there are enough games to go and teams at the top still to play each other to give us a chance.
I have seen every game this season and I can honestly say every team has looked average with no team standing out as a run away favourites. Lots of twists and turns yet to come  till the season end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
MuddyWaters
February 8, 2015, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Our form over the season would say we are playoffs at best but I would like to think there are enough games to go and teams at the top still to play each other to give us a chance.
I have seen every game this season and I can honestly say every team has looked average with no team standing out as a run away favourites. Lots of twists and turns yet to come  till the season end.

This is the point. If the team that turned up against Barnet at home turns up on a regular basis, then there is no reason why we can't go on a run.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
arryarryarry
February 8, 2015, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This is the point. If the team that turned up against Barnet at home turns up on a regular basis, then there is no reason why we can't go on a run.

But that's the whole point, that sort of team performance is not the norm. You can count on one hand the number of really good performances this season.

The rest have been distinctly average even many of the wins, take the recent away wins, Macclesfield, Nuneaton for examples good wins but poor quality performances.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not over yet!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.