Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Palmer Stays!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 290 Guests

Palmer Stays!

This thread currently has 11,814 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimal
January 30, 2015, 12:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Great news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Trawler
January 30, 2015, 12:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Hurrah and huzzah.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
supertown
January 30, 2015, 12:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
Icing on the cake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
Maringer
January 30, 2015, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Is this the first time in yonks that our January signings have actually been any good?

Let's hope he stays fit and continues to play well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
BIGChris
January 30, 2015, 1:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Maringer
Is this the first time in yonks that our January signings have actually been any good?

Let's hope he stays fit and continues to play well.

Many have felt that our previous January signings have been 'good' but proven not to be so.

Sweeping statements after one game but I think Robertson will make us stronger defensively but not sure he will get forward to the same degree that an on form Aswad would.

Remains to be seen if Jolley can get anywhere near his previous level of performance and I have been impressed with Zlatan with two wonderful finishes but equally has had other opportunities where he has just hammered to ball towards goal more in hope than the effort of a natural finisher. Which one is the 'true' Palmer we will have to wait n see
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
gtfc98
January 30, 2015, 1:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BIGChris

Many have felt that our previous January signings have been 'good' but proven not to be so.

Sweeping statements after one game but I think Robertson will make us stronger defensively but not sure he will get forward to the same degree that an on form Aswad would.

Remains to be seen if Jolley can get anywhere near his previous level of performance and I have been impressed with Zlatan with two wonderful finishes but equally has had other opportunities where he has just hammered to ball towards goal more in hope than the effort of a natural finisher. Which one is the 'true' Palmer we will have to wait n see

My thoughts exactly. Remember how excited everyone got when Devitt signed and that didn't work out. Need to give them time to bed in before we judge whether it's been a good window.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
bax
January 30, 2015, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from BIGChris

Having conceded a number of goals down the left hand side in recent weeks at home perhaps having a steadier influence at left back might be a good thing!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
davmariner
January 30, 2015, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,923
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from BIGChris

This, lets keep our heads a bit, get behind the team and hopefully the new January signings will improve the side unlike previous January signings.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 30, 2015, 1:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from bax

Having conceded a number of goals down the left hand side in recent weeks at home perhaps having a steadier influence at left back might be a good thing!

I only saw the highlights of the Eastleigh game but it looked to me as though we were better going forward down the flanks as well with a natural left back and Magnay in his best position on the right. Robertson might turn out to be the most important signing of the three.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
devon mariner
January 30, 2015, 1:16pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
IMO I think that the new signings and extending Ollies loan are excellent for the club.  This can only help to improve the squad and give PH more headaches about picking his team.  Hopefully we will get Pope and Neilsen fully fit to battle for a place in the starting eleven soon and maybe even Aswad will be back to try and get his place back.  Things look good, but I still want Barnet and Bristol to lose tomorrow

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Palmer Stays!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.