3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
January 27, 2015, 8:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
We've got to go for this now, I know there is a fair bit of exciment at the minute with the new signings Jolley, Robertson and hopefully Palmer extended but I was all doom and gloom thinking are we even goner make the play offs seeing whats ready to leap from below. But since the Barnet game and us actually looking like a team I now have belief that we can win this league, take the points off the big teams and crack the habit of taking them from the lower teams and this is ours.

Lets drop all the negativity and everyone get behind them and hursty.

Were all grimsby!
Logged Offline
Private Message
acko338
January 27, 2015, 8:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Signings now in the bag, potential of another prior to the end of January, hopefully it will be Ollie Palmer to stay longer, and a huge statement of intent from the manager and directors to go for promotion this season. £50,000 uptake of company shares as well by a local benefactor !

Time for the fans to get behind this team, encourage, shout, wave the flags, welcome the new guys, scare the opposition etc etc.

HOW?? You've got to be there to do this - 4,000 on Saturday should be the first target - bring a friend, drag someone along you don't like, tell all of your Facebook & Twitter contacts, sod the shopping, no DIY, get down to the Park on Saturday and be that 12th man behind the Mariners !!

All remaining games are mini cup finals - everyone potentially winnable and 3 points every game being the optimum target - 48 points to go for !!

No cup hindrances, no excuses, it's all Conference action !!

No need to rush injured players back - it's a squad game from now on.

We seem to be in the best prepared fashion, with a squad that other teams will envy if they click together, and I appreciate that nothing is a given !

Let's hope Mr Jolley is the new talisman with his promotion runs in 2011 and 2013 - our turn ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Theimperialcoroner
January 27, 2015, 8:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Can't see it, but we are in a much better position than before these signings. We could do it, but I'd say odd are about 10-1. However we are now in as good a position to do well in the play-off as we have been in this league. Tonight is a massively tough game against a form team and it will really post our intent if we get a win. If we don't, it doesn't mean we are not going up, it just makes my 10-1 odds a little greater. All that said, if Billy Hills are offering 10-1, I might have a tickle.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
MeanwoodMariner
January 27, 2015, 8:47am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
You can still get longer than 10-1, I think about 14-1 is available on us.

I'm pleased with the signings but Robertson is merely a replacement for Thomas and Jolley didn't do the business with Forest Green so I'm not convinced that we've improved enough to make a title charge. But I do think we are in good shape to make the playoffs where our problems beating the part-time strugglers will not be a factor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Les Brechin
January 27, 2015, 9:18am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Bet365 still have us at 14/1 for the title. Shortest odds are with Bet Victor who are only offering 7/1 at the minute.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
diehardmariner
January 27, 2015, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
I took us at 12's with SkyBet in November.

Not sure what prompted it, probably a moment of complete madness.  

I think Barnet are well within catching range.  Would like to think a lot of managers will have seen how they failed miserably to handle a high-tempo game the other week here and try to replicate that.  

It's Bristol Rovers I think we'll struggle to catch.  Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Les Brechin
January 27, 2015, 9:44am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from diehardmariner
I took us at 12's with SkyBet in November.

Not sure what prompted it, probably a moment of complete madness.  

I think Barnet are well within catching range.  Would like to think a lot of managers will have seen how they failed miserably to handle a high-tempo game the other week here and try to replicate that.  

It's Bristol Rovers I think we'll struggle to catch.  Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

My thoughts exactly. I can see us catching Barnet but I think Bristol Rovers will become the first team in over 10 years to bounce back up at the first attempt.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
barralad
January 27, 2015, 9:54am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Makes the Valentine's Day game a bit massive

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
BIGChris
January 27, 2015, 9:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Less than two weeks ago we were going to struggle to make the playoffs, now we are going to be champions!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
January 27, 2015, 10:02am
Guest User
Well IF Gregor Robertson can take a decent corner, our chances have improved significantly IMO!

Pearson, Toto and Ollie(maybe) could be match-winners....provided we hang onto Ollie (and PH teaches him how to head a ball   ).

Tonight will tell us a lot....
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town for the title

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.