4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 25, 2015, 8:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Has anyone found any YouTube highlights?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Jarmo.Is.God
January 25, 2015, 9:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
like how everyone giving Palmer lots of praise yet Hurst got huge stick for the signing, so credit where it's due. Hurst seems to have got it right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
TAGG
January 25, 2015, 9:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
like how everyone giving Palmer lots of praise yet Hurst got huge stick for the signing, so credit where it's due. Hurst seems to have got it right

Did he????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
forza ivano
January 25, 2015, 12:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from barralad
Agree with pretty much all of that-hope it wasn't my coat!

In the first half they looked like a team that had played for two hours on Wednesday. Whatever Hurst said at half time struck a cord and they played with much more tempo.
Palmer is fast becoming a cult figure. The lad clearly loves playing and for someone supposedly lacking in match fitness never stopped running. It is nice to see a Town forward not scared to have a shot regardless of distance/angle.
Pearson, Toto and Magnay were class. Parslow improved after a hesitant start.
Paddy put in some decent dead balls in his time on the pitch-certainly better than Arnold...
Disappointed with Clay and Mackreth (again)
Macca produced two trademark saves to keep the scores level in the first half...    

Agree with this, although I thought Disley particularly and clay both did a lot of good work in the middle.
Really like Palmer, he's got something about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Caesar
January 25, 2015, 3:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Not gping to add too much I fear but great result in the end.

Thought first half was incredibly dire, they had 2 clear cut chances, how they didn't put the ball in the net whem it dribbles about 1metre off the line I am still not sure. In fact the first half was confirmation of my belief that PH is not the man who will take us up.

Thankfully in the second half he made look like a chump! We played a lot better football, used the wings more. Credit to Hurst as Palmer looked very lively and skillful as well as a hard worker, his shooting accuracy was perhaps a bit wayword but he didn't let that out him off. After we got the breakthrough goal we were the only team who would win and played with a bit of a swagger that we are all wanting to see. Not the best I will ever see us play but plenty good enough.

Town fans were there in numbers which was good to see and the atmosphere was great in the end, you sensed the players really appreciated it as well.  

Finally the ref, very poor in am odd way. He didn't make any major clangers with red cards or obvious fouling etc. But stopping the play for the lost boot was mad, as was blowing for half time when we had just won a corner, doesnt the ball need to be in play?

All in all though a very good day out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
chicaneuk
January 25, 2015, 6:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Good local game for me. Thought the game was tough going, certainly in the first half and town were lucky not to concede at least or or maybe even two goals thanks to some bad blunders.. but through McKeown's usual skill and Nuneaton's lack of, they never managed to capitalise.

Second half we perked up and looked a lot better, and think we could have had even more goals as there were a few very decent efforts on goal.

I was glad to leave in the end but happy we got another 3 points, but it was another showing that didn't completely fill me with confidence. We didn't wipe the floor with them - and I thought given our relative positions they'd be a walkover. It certainly didn't look that way on the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
chaos33
January 25, 2015, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I think the poor pitch played its part and took away some of our advantages to an extent.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Abdul19
January 25, 2015, 10:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from chicaneuk
We didn't wipe the floor with them - and I thought given our relative positions they'd be a walkover.

You must have seen enough of GTFC to know it doesn't work that way!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
gtfc71
January 25, 2015, 11:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +8

Finally the ref, very poor in am odd way. He didn't make any major clangers with red cards or obvious fouling etc. But stopping the play for the lost boot was mad, as was blowing for half time when we had just won a corner, doesnt the ball need to be in play?

All in all though a very good day out![/quote]

No requirement for the ball to be in play when you blow for h/t or f/t. As for the boot incident I have to believe it was for something else. You do not stop play to allow players to tie up laces etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
gary_elton
January 26, 2015, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mariner16
Did anyone else notice this?

Adults £14 Concessions £14?

Yes....  somewhat amusing...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.