4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
January 24, 2015, 9:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Good result on an awful pitch after a difficult week. Very poor first half, could have gone in at HT 1/2 down but thanks to Macca we didnt. Much better 2nd half with Palmer running his socks off, 2 deserved goals and nice to see Hannah put a cheeky one away. Palmer MOM for me, Clay was poor apart from 1 effort. First time I have seen a Referee control the tempo of a game, bizarre!
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
nickmariners
January 24, 2015, 10:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from gobby
Good result on an awful pitch after a difficult week. Very poor first half, could have gone in at HT 1/2 down but thanks to Macca we didnt. Much better 2nd half with Palmer running his socks off, 2 deserved goals and nice to see Hannah put a cheeky one away. Palmer MOM for me, Clay was poor apart from 1 effort. First time I have seen a Referee control the tempo of a game, bizarre!
UTMM

Agree With pretty much all of that. Would add that it was good to witness how pleased the players were after each goal and see them celebrate with the Town supporters.

Palmer's work-rate and attitude is impressive, and he is clearly confident enough to welly shots at goal from all over the place.

PS Barralad's coat is ok (insert punchline as required)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
Fcukthescunts
January 24, 2015, 10:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Do we have photographic evidence of said coat?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Mariner Timsky
January 24, 2015, 10:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Mariner16
January 24, 2015, 10:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Did anyone else notice this?

Adults £14 Concessions £14?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Les Brechin
January 24, 2015, 11:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
It does make me wonder what the world is coming to now when a player can't celebrate a goal with his own fans without getting booked.

No taking off of the shirt, no goading the home fans, no jumping in the crowd, just celebrating with his own fans.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Theimperialcoroner
January 24, 2015, 11:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,142
Gold Stars: 102
I also thought Les, that if I'd been a Boro or a Bradford fan I'd have been on the pitch at full time in a display of pure joy, not violence. balderdash to the hi-vis brigade, the game is becoming far too sanitised

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
TownSNAFU5
January 24, 2015, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
Well we won the 2 big games this week that mattered - and lost (AET) the game that did not matter.  Job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
mariner2000
January 25, 2015, 12:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Th boot decision was outrageous  originally I thought it was a shinpad which I could understand but when I saw it was a boot!!!!  I couldn't believe it.

If it had been in the premiershit their would have been inquests for a month and he would have been suspended
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 18 - 31
highcliff mariner
January 25, 2015, 7:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from BIGChris
Never in doubt!

Laboured in the first half and Macca made a great save when one on one.  JPP made space for himself and slammed a effort against the bar but frankly we hadn't created much.

We got better in the second half, movement much better off the ball and Zlatan began to be such a great influence on the game. His effort struck the post ( probably should have scored) Arnold's follow up from the edge of the box was pushed out but 3rd time lucky fell to the Pope to hammer home. He and the rest of the team were delighted but he got cautioned for celebrating.. The worlds gone mad!

After that we looked in control. Zlatan, Clay and later Paddy all had chances before Toto rose like a salmon to head down for Hannah to flick home from 3 yards with his back to goal.

Nuneaton on that showing will struggle. There number 5 by far there best player.

Not fantastic but 3 points on a difficult pitch. One ball just leapt a metre in the air from a divot.

Magnay made a mistake today and also I saw a fishy poster wearing the worst coat I have ever seen

A word about the officials. I cannot understand how he can stop the game when we are on huge attack,3 against 3 and he calls it back because someone's boot has come off on the half way line. That starts a hell of a precedent. Next time a team is attacking take a boot off and the game stops allowing you to regroup!!!

Hope to be able to get to Eastleigh for Tuesday

Thanks for your report , saw Hannah s goal on a phone clip , looked like a good ( poachers) ?

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.