Any one know if there is any doubt about tonights game
DB

There is no game tonight!

Well, not one involving Town anyway.

It was rearranged for Wednesday.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
highcliff mariner
January 20, 2015, 9:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Les Brechin

There is no game tonight!

Well, not one involving Town anyway.

It was rearrangefd for Wednesday.

probably doubtful already ?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
davmariner
January 20, 2015, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Will be played Saturday according to Eastleigh (if postponed). Yes, Eastleigh. Bad that fans have to find out from another club what the situation is. It seems that they will play Wrexham on Saturday if we don't play tomorrow night.

How long can this go on for? Not particularly fair and hugely disruptive to our season. If the game is postponed, surely after three the FA has to step in and take it away from them.  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Garth
January 20, 2015, 11:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from davmariner
Will be played Saturday according to Eastleigh (if postponed). Yes, Eastleigh. Bad that fans have to find out from another club what the situation is. It seems that they will play Wrexham on Saturday if we don't play tomorrow night.

How long can this go on for? Not particularly fair and hugely disruptive to our season. If the game is postponed, surely after three the FA has to step in and take it away from them.  

So who is playing Wrexham Saturday if postponed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
pizzzza
January 20, 2015, 11:23am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Garth

So who is playing Wrexham Saturday if postponed

If Gateshead v Town is postponed tomorrow it will be moved to Saturday and Eastleigh will play Wrexham in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Garth
January 20, 2015, 11:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from pizzzza

If Gateshead v Town is postponed tomorrow it will be moved to Saturday and Eastleigh will play Wrexham in the league.

OK thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
MarinerWY
January 20, 2015, 11:29am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,985
Gold Stars: 47
What a flipping mess. Whenever it does get played, send the youth team. I'd actually be really intereted in listening how some of youth team players fare, would be a great opportunity for them.

But please let's not actually continue with this Trophy with first team players, we'll intercourse up our schedule, risk injury and ultimately jeapordise our league title/play-off chances.

I think it's great the non-league have it's own trophy that finishes with a chance at Wembley, and I don't think we're "too big/good" for it, I just think that considering the ridiculous rules (takes priority over league games, replays, does't start till far too late considering games do get called of) it can't be prioritised.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 20, 2015, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
They've postponed tonight as well

That club is a joke  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
ginnywings
January 20, 2015, 12:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerWY
What a flipping mess. Whenever it does get played, send the youth team. I'd actually be really intereted in listening how some of youth team players fare, would be a great opportunity for them.

But please let's not actually continue with this Trophy with first team players, we'll intercourse up our schedule, risk injury and ultimately jeapordise our league title/play-off chances.

I think it's great the non-league have it's own trophy that finishes with a chance at Wembley, and I don't think we're "too big/good" for it, I just think that considering the ridiculous rules (takes priority over league games, replays, does't start till far too late considering games do get called of) it can't be prioritised.

Isn't going to happen. Whether we like it or not, PH has stated many times that he wants to win the Trophy and i doubt he will put out a weakened side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.