This thread currently has 2,503 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
January 17, 2015, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Give this post a Tick and release some positive energy to Blundell Park today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimsby Will Win Today and it will be a cracking entertaining game the crowds have been craving !

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
fleabag1970
January 17, 2015, 11:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
And I get a dislike , must be a Barnet fan ?   I bet if some people on this forum won a million pounds they would MOAN that they had to collect the winnings ..........................

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
moosey_club
January 17, 2015, 11:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Now it possibly is an editing thing but in relation to positive energy i have just heard a snippet of a pre match press interview on Compass F.M

The first words broadcast fom the manager ??

"i maintain we cant win every match"  

Possibly the way it has been edited but we can high five each other all day about positive energy but when when you hear that from the leader it hardly instills belief does it?

The wider interview does go onto say we have a good record against the top teams, if not the best, but i want that message first out of the managers mouth not second. Accentuate the positive, if you have bad news then use the old sh1t sandwich technique,

Looking forward to a good game today in front of the camera's, we have an excellent record against the top teams if not the best in the league so Barnet know it wont be easy, while we cant expect to win every game our record shows against the higher teams in the league we have faired very well and as Lincoln showed the other week Barnet are certainly not invincible...

lose the negative in the middle of two positives.....( all hail Mary Gober )  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
pizzzza
January 17, 2015, 11:39am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
A blatant attempt to up your approval rating, nice try.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
ginnywings
January 17, 2015, 11:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from moosey_club
Now it possibly is an editing thing but in relation to positive energy i have just heard a snippet of a pre match press interview on Compass F.M

Possibly the way it has been edited but we can high five each other all day about positive energy but when when you hear that from the leader it hardly instills belief does it?

The wider interview does go onto say we have a good record against the top teams, if not the best, but i want that message first out of the managers mouth not second. Accentuate the positive, if you have bad news then use the old sh1t sandwich technique,

Looking forward to a good game today in front of the camera's, we have an excellent record against the top teams if not the best in the league so Barnet know it wont be easy, while we cant expect to win every game our record shows against the higher teams in the league we have faired very well and as Lincoln showed the other week Barnet are certainly not invincible...

Are you a spin doctor?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
fleabag1970
January 17, 2015, 11:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza
A blatant attempt to up your approval rating, nice try.

LOL I don't need any approval from the moaning gits on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get over yourself and support your team ....................

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Marinerz93
January 17, 2015, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club

It's something I've mentioned before moosey, in management it is called the bath tub effect.  Build the subject up (positive), throw in what they need to improve on (negative) and finish building them up (positive).  It's a skill that is easily learned but every time it is mentioned it falls on deaf ears.  

The club needs to hire a psychologist or see if there is a Town who is a psychologist who will do it for free.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
moosey_club
January 17, 2015, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Are you a spin doctor?  

Highly trained in the dark arts through years of local authority training and practice. Never present a negative without surrounding it with positives, never introduce a negative;

i can't wait to see what i get for xmas   (the use of can't introduces a negative to a situation where no negativity existed)

i am looking forward to seeing what i get for xmas   (same meaning, no negative introduced, all positive)  

Having a bad day? .....before you answer the phone....take a breath and smile...it makes a difference to how you sound.  ...(it actually does work)

Nuggets like this are why your council tax goes up..haha.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
moosey_club
January 17, 2015, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

It's something I've mentioned before moosey, in management it is called the bath tub effect.  Build the subject up (positive), throw in what they need to improve on (negative) and finish building them up (positive).  It's a skill that is easily learned but every time it is mentioned it falls on deaf ears.  

The club needs to hire a psychologist or see if there is a Town who is a psychologist who will do it for free.

while it generally falls under management speak (ducks in a row, helicopter view, blue sky thinking etc etc) the actual process works, having to tell people in the midle of winter they wont get repairs done for two weeks when they have a hole in the roof needs a bit of thought to avoid being assaulted ....haha

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Tommy
January 17, 2015, 12:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'd agree with that but I don't think a club at our level with our budget would get a psychologist in. Especially when we, in recent history, appear to look to save money amongst the coaching roles by having people multi-tasking.

In my opinion. Sports psychology is a part of the Manager's role. As such, Hurst should read a few books (I could recommend a few useful ones) or attend a few seminars etc on sports psychology.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positive Energy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.