Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 10:33am
Give this post a Tick and release some positive energy to Blundell Park today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimsby Will Win Today and it will be a cracking entertaining game the crowds have been craving !
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 1
And I get a dislike , must be a Barnet fan ?   I bet if some people on this forum won a million pounds they would MOAN that they had to collect the winnings .......................... ??)
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 2
Now it possibly is an editing thing but in relation to positive energy i have just heard a snippet of a pre match press interview on Compass F.M

The first words broadcast fom the manager ??

"i maintain we cant win every match"  

Possibly the way it has been edited but we can high five each other all day about positive energy but when when you hear that from the leader it hardly instills belief does it?

The wider interview does go onto say we have a good record against the top teams, if not the best, but i want that message first out of the managers mouth not second. Accentuate the positive, if you have bad news then use the old sh1t sandwich technique,

Looking forward to a good game today in front of the camera's, we have an excellent record against the top teams if not the best in the league so Barnet know it wont be easy, while we cant expect to win every game our record shows against the higher teams in the league we have faired very well and as Lincoln showed the other week Barnet are certainly not invincible...

lose the negative in the middle of two positives.....( all hail Mary Gober )  

Posted by: pizzzza, January 17, 2015, 11:39am; Reply: 3
A blatant attempt to up your approval rating, nice try.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
Now it possibly is an editing thing but in relation to positive energy i have just heard a snippet of a pre match press interview on Compass F.M

Possibly the way it has been edited but we can high five each other all day about positive energy but when when you hear that from the leader it hardly instills belief does it?

The wider interview does go onto say we have a good record against the top teams, if not the best, but i want that message first out of the managers mouth not second. Accentuate the positive, if you have bad news then use the old sh1t sandwich technique,

Looking forward to a good game today in front of the camera's, we have an excellent record against the top teams if not the best in the league so Barnet know it wont be easy, while we cant expect to win every game our record shows against the higher teams in the league we have faired very well and as Lincoln showed the other week Barnet are certainly not invincible...

Are you a spin doctor?  :)

Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 5
Quoted from pizzzza
A blatant attempt to up your approval rating, nice try.

LOL I don't need any approval from the moaning gits on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get over yourself and support your team ....................
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

It's something I've mentioned before moosey, in management it is called the bath tub effect.  Build the subject up (positive), throw in what they need to improve on (negative) and finish building them up (positive).  It's a skill that is easily learned but every time it is mentioned it falls on deaf ears.  

The club needs to hire a psychologist or see if there is a Town who is a psychologist who will do it for free.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Are you a spin doctor?  :)

Highly trained in the dark arts through years of local authority training and practice. Never present a negative without surrounding it with positives, never introduce a negative;

i can't wait to see what i get for xmas   (the use of can't introduces a negative to a situation where no negativity existed)

i am looking forward to seeing what i get for xmas   (same meaning, no negative introduced, all positive)  ;)

Having a bad day? .....before you answer the phone....take a breath and smile...it makes a difference to how you sound.  ...(it actually does work)

Nuggets like this are why your council tax goes up..haha.

Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93

It's something I've mentioned before moosey, in management it is called the bath tub effect.  Build the subject up (positive), throw in what they need to improve on (negative) and finish building them up (positive).  It's a skill that is easily learned but every time it is mentioned it falls on deaf ears.  

The club needs to hire a psychologist or see if there is a Town who is a psychologist who will do it for free.

while it generally falls under management speak (ducks in a row, helicopter view, blue sky thinking etc etc) the actual process works, having to tell people in the midle of winter they wont get repairs done for two weeks when they have a hole in the roof needs a bit of thought to avoid being assaulted ....haha
Posted by: Tommy, January 17, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'd agree with that but I don't think a club at our level with our budget would get a psychologist in. Especially when we, in recent history, appear to look to save money amongst the coaching roles by having people multi-tasking.

In my opinion. Sports psychology is a part of the Manager's role. As such, Hurst should read a few books (I could recommend a few useful ones) or attend a few seminars etc on sports psychology.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

while it generally falls under management speak (ducks in a row, helicopter view, blue sky thinking etc etc) the actual process works, having to tell people in the midle of winter they wont get repairs done for two weeks when they have a hole in the roof needs a bit of thought to avoid being assaulted ....haha

It's all about managing people's expectations and you can win most people over if they see you are trying your best even if you aren't fulfilling their needs.

Waiting for the hole in the roof to be fixed for two weeks, that would probably be done better over the phone  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Tommy

I'd agree with that but I don't think a club at our level with our budget would get a psychologist in. Especially when we, in recent history, appear to look to save money amongst the coaching roles by having people multi-tasking.

In my opinion. Sports psychology is a part of the Manager's role. As such, Hurst should read a few books (I could recommend a few useful ones) or attend a few seminars etc on sports psychology.

I believe it would be money well spent or if it could be done for free i.e. from a fan.

A.  PH pre match speeches at the minute are not inspiring at all, I feel they are either to safe or negative.

B.  The players seem unable to perform at BP.

C.  JF and PH blame sections of fans for B.

The club desperately needs a professional psychologist because what we have so far isn't working, we are stagnating and more divided than ever, and this is because of A,B and C.
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 12
Thanks for the positive ticks guys , it worked !   As for the crosses , bore off and go support Man Utd or Chelsea..........................
Posted by: highcliff mariner, January 17, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 13
As I read this there are 8 x 's on op . Really ???????????
Moosey , enjoyed the lesson ha ha .

UTM
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from highcliff mariner
As I read this there are 8 x 's on op . Really ???????????
Moosey , enjoyed the lesson ha ha .

UTM

Posters thought I was after improving my rating ?? lol . its -90 + ffs , like I care ....................  It was a test of Human Nature and it worked well , I was curious to see what we are dealing with on this board and the results speak for themselves . I remember under AB there were sections of the crowd that wanted him out  for playing to defensively ..................................  There will always be that elemant of supporters and most of them are in this Forum
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 8:10am