Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham owner open to selling club.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Oldham owner open to selling club.

This thread currently has 2,628 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 13, 2015, 4:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Oldham Athletic owner Simon Corney has revealed he is open to selling the League One club. His admission comes a week after the Latics came close to signing convicted rapist Ched Evans. The club decided against the deal after widespread opposition, saying it had received threats to members of staff.
"I've had enough, it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "I've been here for 12 years and i just don't have the same interest anymore."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
January 13, 2015, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Ched's future father in law could buy them.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Mrs Doyle
January 13, 2015, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Feel sorry for the fans that's all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Nelly GTFC
January 13, 2015, 6:58pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from psgmariner
Ched's future father in law could buy them.
Only worth 20 million.  The sort of person you need to invest in players straight away instead of a small loan year by year.

Quoted from Sunday Express | 10th January 2015
When Mr Massey left school two years later with no qualifications he joined the business full-time and over the next few years four more shops were opened in the Northwest.

At the age of 26 he branched out, setting up a service for big companies who wanted to reward long- serving workers with watches, clocks and other expensive gifts.

His first contract was with Tarmac and within two years he was making £300,000 a year.

Mr Massey’s big breakthrough was a £1 million deal with British Rail and he has never looked back, supply- ing the likes of Tesco, Jaguar and Marks & Spencer.

Within 12 months his turnover had jumped to £2.5 million a year as he impressed clients by producing brochures bearing their company logo and extending his range of merchandise.

Today Mr Massey is the director of 11 companies, employing more than 100 people, including prestigious jewellers Cottrills, in Wilmslow, and Prestons of Bolton, known as “the diamond centre of the North”.

He is married to Susan, has three other daughters and home is a £1.5 million property not far from the original shop.

Mr Massey, who once dismissed his rivals as “dinosaurs” is regarded as a tough, no-nonsense businessman. Describing what drove him to succeed, he said in one interview: “Initially it was to prove to my Dad that I could do it.

I also got such a buzz from dealing with big businesses, such as ICI. I still get nervous before meetings, and when I walk out with a new account, it really does give me a kick.”

Mr Massey now has hundreds of blue-chip clients and is said to be worth more than £20 million.
Link >> [url=http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/551162/Ched-Evans-s-father-in-law-Karl-Massey-supports-him-since-rape-trial]http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/551162/Ched-Evans-s-father-in-law-Karl-Massey-supports-him-since-rape-trial[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
barralad
January 13, 2015, 7:04pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from promotion plaice
Oldham Athletic owner Simon Corney has revealed he is open to selling the League One club. His admission comes a week after the Latics came close to signing convicted rapist Ched Evans. The club decided against the deal after widespread opposition, saying it had received threats to members of staff.
"I've had enough, it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "I've been here for 12 years and i just don't have the same interest anymore."

I remember his arrival on the scene..as will most other Town fans! Oldham celebrated by letting  fans in for free against Town. Our players joined in the celebrations by conceding 3 goals in the first 10 or so minutes with us eventually losing 6-0. I think it cost Groves his job....Now that was a "don't care" team...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Green27
January 13, 2015, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Let's buy them, relocate them, change their badge, name etc.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
fleabag1970
January 13, 2015, 7:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Owner , I thought FANS owned football clubs .........................................LMAO .... or is that just some deluded Grimsby Fans

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Abdul19
January 13, 2015, 7:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,547
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from barralad

I remember his arrival on the scene..as will most other Town fans! Oldham celebrated by letting  fans in for free against Town. Our players joined in the celebrations by conceding 3 goals in the first 10 or so minutes with us eventually losing 6-0. I think it cost Groves his job....Now that was a "don't care" team...

Oh god, the first half of that was appalling, worse than the Hartlepool game. That had a sort of freak element to it, but Oldham was inevitable.

Luckily they declared at half time.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
ginnywings
January 13, 2015, 7:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fleabag1970
Owner , I thought FANS owned football clubs .........................................LMAO .... or is that just some deluded Grimsby Fans

I'm not deluded.

Tesco own supermarkets but if no-one turned up and shopped there, how long do you think they would last? They are struggling now because people have migrated to better options. Football fans in the main don't do that.

A football club is just a collection of fans at the end of the day. Everything else is transitory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
fleabag1970
January 13, 2015, 7:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not deluded.

Tesco own supermarkets but if no-one turned up and shopped there, how long do you think they would last? They are struggling now because people have migrated to better options. Football fans in the main don't do that.

A football club is just a collection of fans at the end of the day. Everything else is transitory.

It doesn't mean you Own Tesco , oh and by the way , they do just fine !!!    If you think you own part of GTFC then you are wrong

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham owner open to selling club.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.